Go to page Previous  1, 2

A sturdy and well bottom weighted umbrella/walking stick rack can accommodate quite a few swords but only scabbared otherwise the blades might damage each other should someone bump the stand or knock it over ( That's where the heavy bottom and wide stable bade would come in ).

Or one could built something out of wood making a square or rectangular open box with dowel separators maybe: 4 X 6 slots would store 24 swords and/or polearms in a corner of a room.
A child in the U.S. was killed a few years ago by a sword falling off a wall display over his bed. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to display sharps without compromising safety. Scabbards help, but if a child grabs the distal end of a scabbard and pushes up on a vertically-mounted sword, the sword will lift out of pretty much all hook-type displays and execute an uncontrolled Mortschlag. Edges are not the only threat.

Safe display is a serious technical challenge. :confused:
Sean Flynt wrote:
Safe display is a serious technical challenge. :confused:

That's why mine are locked behind glass. :) I'm sure once my son gets older (he's 2 now), I'll have to worry that he'll be clever/tall/strong enough to get around my current system (he'd need a key or a screwdriver plus at least 5 feet of height). Hopefully by then I'll have been able to teach him a healthy respect for the items that are locked away.
I finally found the thread I was looking for.

There's some good information in the Child-safe sword display stands/racks thread.

A very good quote from this thread is:

Thom R. wrote:
A locking glass cabinet provides both safety and display but not protection against thievery. Gun safe provides safety and protection against theft but not a means of display.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: