Go to page Previous  1, 2

Re: fighting with a disability
Reece Nelson wrote:
I just recently uploaded a video of me performing at KCRF if anyone wanted to see me in action :cool:

OUTSTANDING! You have much better footwork and mobility than I do. Well done.

Tell us, was the un-shielding a set-up ;) , or did you truly take your opponent by surprise :cool: ?
That was one of the coolest fights I have ever seen. Love it when they bring in the stretcher for the crutches! :-)
It's maybe a little later than you are looking for, but George Hale, who wrote "The Private School of Defence" in 1614, was disabled in some way - he writes:

"I have concluded my rules of Practice, and the whole Book, with the most necessary instruction belongs to this Science, and the least observed in Schools, which is the maintaining of Defects: this being the scope and true end of our skill, to help the weak.... I would have a man wanting one hand, or one eye, by practice, to help his imperfection: or being lame in both arms, with his feet and shift of body, to clear that defect (all cunning in this Art consisting more in feet than hands.) Further should one be lame in feet having eyes and arms, I would have him practice those Weapons and Guards may best perfect his condition, being neither able to pursue nor retire. This I could express, being a man myself defective, but that act and demonstration, not words, must make this apparent, wherein I refer myself to judicious trial..."

I also remember reading about a blind master of defence, but I can't remember where.
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: