Greatest Hits!
Here is a little video honoring myself!
Hans Talhoffer 1459 Plate 87
One more video! Interpreation of Plate 87 of Alte Armature und Ringkunst 1459.
Very nice, but shouldn't the thrower step into the Mordschlag a little faster to use the strikers forward momentum during the Mordschlag against him?

( Just a thought, The more I see this video, the more I want to feel the body mechanics involved in this takedown. I'll try this myself, as soon as I find a willing partner )

Thanks a lot for posting this, Martin. Keep up the good work. :)

And the music... rocks. :cool:
:lol: ...and What the other guy Sings :cool:
Hi Martin,

Have you noticed how this plate related to tafel 74 in Talhoffer 1467? I don't think it will change your interpretation much, but I find it an interesting comparison because a.) we see it from the other side and b.) it shows a clearer picture of where the thrower's knee goes.

May I suggest a slightly different footwork? When I do this I first lunge forward with my left foot as the Mordtschlag comes in in order to bring me close enough then I pass forward with my right foot to take my place. This reduces the number of steps required and makes what feels to me like a smoother and definitely a faster play.

Also, what numbering scheme are you using for the plates? This is actually kamp 180. Did you just deleter the Merkverse and the Kriegsbuch material that starts the book and start counting only the Fechtbuch plates?

It's very cool to see someone else working through this stuff. Talhoffer is one of my favorite sources and I study his books constantly. I'm working on a translation of Alte Armatur und Ringkunst into English right now; I've done the majority of the Fechtbuch plates and am trying to work through the Merkverse stuff now.

Good job with the technique, but why do the young men in the song you play have to scream so loudly? :D
I've combined your posts into one topic instead of multiples. I've done this since the initial posts are simply links without discussion.

Cheers.
Nicely done! Thanks for posting!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: