My new XV century bastard sword :)
After 5 months of waiting mr.Szanek finally finished my sword.I am very excited!It fells so light and quick both in one and two hands...The quality is in my opinion very good...I can't wait some test cuts :D

And now some pictures.

First the orginal(thank you myArmoury for lots of info-it helped me choose this beautifull style)
[ Linked Image ]

And here you can see my presssssiousss :cool:

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

those black plates on the last pic are parts of a brigandine which I am working on ;)

Last edited by Michal Plezia on Mon 12 Mar, 2007 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Looks really nice man :cool:
Great looking sword and it looks very much like the original. :cool:

It's really great when you have a custom sword made and it actually looks like what you wanted. ( And I mean that the subtleties seem to match the original as far as I can tell from the pics: It could have been copied but without a good eye for proportions ).

You could write an official review of it for the site ? ( Just a suggestion. ;) :D )
Ann Lievens wrote:

Thanks Ann -it looks much better in real.I am not good in photography and in artificial light pictures aren't as good as in daylight..
Michal Plezia wrote:
Ann Lievens wrote:

Thanks Ann -it looks much better in real.I am not good in photography and in artificial light pictures aren't as good as in daylight..

that's alright, the photo's look GREAT!! and after seeing the photo's i can see why you would like to do some test-cutting :p and you're right, the quality looks much much better then most swords you see from this type.
Jean Thibodeau wrote:

It's really great when you have a custom sword made and it actually looks like what you wanted. ( And I mean that the subtleties seem to match the original as far as I can tell from the pics: It could have been copied but without a good eye for proportions ).

You could write an official review of it for the site ? ( Just a suggestion. ;) :D )

Thanks Jean.

Official review?Ok...I can try(even with my bad english and little experience ;) )
that is a sick sword. i realy like the grip

i was under the impression the origianl was hollow ground, do you know if it was and is yours?
Michal Plezia wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:

Thanks Jean.

Official review?Ok...I can try(even with my bad english and little experience ;) )

Just get in touch with Nathan or Chad an they will guide you through the process: Don't worry about the English, they can do a little editing / polishing of your text. When you write a review you are not on your own and they will help you with any of the details you are not familiar with. ( I've been told by some who have written reviews or feature articles that it didn't hurt a bit and was actually fun to do. ;) Also nice to have it in the features section where the review will remain easy to find as opposed to an old topic post fading into the mass of old posts. )
Sean Belair wrote:

i was under the impression the origianl was hollow ground, do you know if it was and is yours?

I don't know if the original is hollow ground.My is diamond type.

By the way-I just realized that on one of the pictures you can see total mes in my room (which lately is more like workshop ) and an empty can of 1liter beer :eek: What a shame :lol: :lol:
Looks pretty good, and new toys are always fun.

Enjoy yourself.
Sean Belair wrote:

Oakeshott doesn't mention hollow-grinding on that sword in his article in Blankwaffen. He describes a sister sword in detail in one of his articles, but notes the blade faces are "flat and not hollowed." He called the rest, including that original "similar" to that sister sword. That doesn't mean it's not, but I think he would have mentioned that.
What a work of art!
Thank all of you :) It is certainly the best sword in my collection :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: