Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Revival.us Medium Sparring Gloves? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jonathan Harton

PostPosted: Sun 11 Feb, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Revival.us Medium Sparring Gloves?         Reply with quote

Anyone use these? I'm thinking about picking some up for ARMA free play and am wondering how they feel. How well do they allow motion? How well do they defend against hard waster shots to the hands?

Seen here: http://www.revival.us/index.asp?PageAction=VI...2&HS=1

Valete Vos Omnes!
Jonathan.
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun 11 Feb, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was disappointed with them. They aren't really any better than a pair of lacrosse gloves. In fact, they're practically the same thing.

That said, they're fine for waster play. There isn't a whole lot of motion in the wrists, though, so I personally prefer the type of lacrosse gloves that don't protect the wrist, relying on the padding of my gambeson for the wrist protection.

HistoricalHandcrafts.com
-Inspired by History, Crafted by Hand

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Jean Henri Chandler

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 11 Feb, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Revival.us Medium Sparring Gloves?         Reply with quote

Jonathan Harton wrote:
Anyone use these? I'm thinking about picking some up for ARMA free play and am wondering how they feel. How well do they allow motion? How well do they defend against hard waster shots to the hands?

Seen here: http://www.revival.us/index.asp?PageAction=VI...2&HS=1

Valete Vos Omnes!
Jonathan.

yeah I use the more expensive kind of lacrosse gloves. The old kind you can get for like $20 are way too clumsy and bulky, but I bought a pair of newer ones which were like $80, and they allow me to still be pretty nimble and protect my hands quite well, though I wouldn't use them for full speed free-play with wooden wasters. Well worth the investment though.

J

Books and games on Medieval Europe Codex Integrum

Codex Guide to the Medieval Baltic Now available in print
Reinier van Noort

PostPosted: Sun 11 Feb, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have the light sparring gloves and I am quite happy with those. I use them for practice with wooden swords, sparring with those bamboo things they also use in kendo, and with wooden swords, showfighting with steel swords; everything really. You still feel quite a lot but the gloves do take the sting away.

Though I must add that I haven't had a blow to the fingers with a steel sword and these gloves yet and I don't think they'll be good enough to protect me from that...

School voor Historische Schermkunsten

www.bruchius.com

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Revival.us Medium Sparring Gloves?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic