Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Looking for the Great Knife from Silent Hill Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Michael B

PostPosted: Tue 30 Jan, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Looking for the Great Knife from Silent Hill         Reply with quote

It's my Holy Grail of a custom project, I have talked to with at least 10 different sword and knife makers and several more at 2 Ren Faires, all having either outright rejected or given up partway through the process. The size and scale of the project is extremely limiting, and many in my area (Long Island, New York) do not heavily advertise.

I finally found this place after agonizingly searching through link after link, so I figured it was good a chance as any to get a request out. What I'm looking for is a visual, not battle ready, replica of the gigantic knife Pyramid Head wields from the PS2 game Silent Hill 2, hopefully some of you have played it or seen the movie.

Here is the exact object of my desire: http://s41.photobucket.com/albums/e290/daryth...eadjpg.jpg I'll find another picture if that one's not clear. I'll include a picture as well in case that one fails.

Looking for something that is understandably heavy, I'll take a sizeabe weight range, anything from 20 to 60 pounds would be preferred. I remember someone posting something looking for the Buster Blade from the Final Fantasy franchise, this is something similar I guess.

Can be blunt as hell and scratched and gouged, hell, it'd be encouraged, as it is meant to be dragged along the ground realistically due to its ridiculous size. All that it needs to be is visually exact in size and appearance, blade and handle, that's all! If someone can point me in the direction of a custom smith or prop maker that would be able or willing to take on something of this nature (I don't really care what it's made of, although I understand the cheapest metals are still substantial in terms of weight and price), I would be extremely grateful. Price range anything under $2000 would be preferred.

Thank you everyone in advance for taking the time to read all this!

Attachment: 32.61 KB
sh62.jpg

Dan Dickinson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 31 Jan, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sent you a PM.
Dan
Jonathon Janusz

PostPosted: Wed 31 Jan, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

http://www.myArmoury.com/links.php?id=167

Olin Custom Swords does both fantasy and historical pieces, and they have been getting some good reviews around here lately. Take a look and see what you think. Happy

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Looking for the Great Knife from Silent Hill
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic