Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Triplette - Zen Warrior Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Peter Bosman

PostPosted: Tue 16 Jan, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Triplette - Zen Warrior         Reply with quote

In the A&A loophilt smallsword review I read the blade was made for triplette Competition Arm. If I understand it correctly Zen Warrior is the historic department.
The search engine does not give any usefull results however. Does anyone has experience with the 'historical' blades or their service?

Thank you,

Peter
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue 16 Jan, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

They use a double wide epee blade, and it is very sturdy. The drawback is that it is also very stiff. Some people prefer this, some don't.

Triplette/Zen Warrior Armoury have their ups and downs. The customer service has always seemed good to me, and their blades seem sturdy enough. I'm not a fan of their rapier blades, as those are also very stiff, just like the double wide epee blade, but that's more of a personal preference. I personally really dislike almost every hilt that they offer out of their "historical" line up, as they are generally too bulky, disproportionate, and quite frankly pretty ugly in most cases.

HistoricalHandcrafts.com
-Inspired by History, Crafted by Hand

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Eric Bergeron

PostPosted: Tue 16 Jan, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I have to agree with Bill, I have at one point owned a couple of their hilts, the cuphilt and one of their swept hilts, like Bill pointed out they are very large hilts, if I recall they are made with stainless steel and are very crude. I think they would be a good starting hilt to get into for SCA use, but I would tend to steer people a little higher up on dollar value and point em to Scott at darkwood not only are his hilts & blades some of the best in the price range but they are serviceable.
Peter Bosman

PostPosted: Wed 17 Jan, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thank you for the information.
We are looking for basic but useable rugged and the historical angle needs be only superficial. Their EW-epee blade would suit us very well probably.
I have sent them an email about shipping.

Peter

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Triplette - Zen Warrior
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic