Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion visit Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Harlan Hastings
Industry Professional

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 23 Feb, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Albion visit         Reply with quote

Just got back from spending some time with the folks at Albion. In addition to spending a lot of time looking at swords I was also able to attend a seminar Peter Johnsson gave concerning sword design and performance. Much of it went waaaay over my head but it was a privledge to be able to hear it from the source. This stuff went far beyond just vibrational nodes ......

All in all here's what I got to see:

the new Type XXa (the Viceroy ?) - This is one honkin' big sword! Very cool with the fullered ricasso, point control so precise you'd swear it was laser-guided

the new Type XII (?) - didn't really pay too much attention to this one, was too busy playing with the XXa!

hilt waxes for no less than three new Viking swords - styles I've never seen offered anywhere and didn't even know existed

at least a dozen concept drawings for other potential NG swords including a bunch of single-edge stuff

too many potential new pieces from Jody to count - he had just gotten a load of new hilt components in and was playing max-n-match to see what would work the best; how he comes up with all these ideas and keeps track of them all I can't
fathom .....

I'd like to thank Howy and Amy for letting us visit, Jason and Jeannette for the couch space, Eric for putting up with me asking all those annoying questions, and Peter for sharing his wealth of knowledge and expertise.

It was a great time and I can't wait to get out there again!

p.s. - Rick, you've got to take the helm routine on the road!
Howard Waddell
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 23 Feb, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Albion visit         Reply with quote

Harlan Hastings wrote:

I'd like to thank Howy and Amy for letting us visit, Jason and Jeannette for the couch space, Eric for putting up with me asking all those annoying questions, and Peter for sharing his wealth of knowledge and expertise.

Always love having you guys here -- always an open invitation!

As far as Rick's Helm show goes -- why didn't we keep the cameras rolling? Maybe next time...

Best,

Howy

Albion Swords Ltd
http://albion-swords.com
http://filmswords.com
David Lannon

PostPosted: Mon 23 Feb, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Concept Art?         Reply with quote

OOOOHHHH I would love to see the scetches of the new concept art. Even if they never get made, Peter's drawings are art themselves.

Cheers

Dave

Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun!!!!
Tristan Waddington
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 24 Feb, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Albion visit         Reply with quote

Harlan Hastings wrote:
Just got back from spending some time with the folks at Albion. In addition to spending a lot of time looking at swords I was also able to attend a seminar Peter Johnsson gave concerning sword design and performance. Much of it went waaaay over my head but it was a privledge to be able to hear it from the source. This stuff went far beyond just vibrational nodes ......

All in all here's what I got to see:

the new Type XXa (the Viceroy ?) - This is one honkin' big sword! Very cool with the fullered ricasso, point control so precise you'd swear it was laser-guided

the new Type XII (?) - didn't really pay too much attention to this one, was too busy playing with the XXa!

hilt waxes for no less than three new Viking swords - styles I've never seen offered anywhere and didn't even know existed

at least a dozen concept drawings for other potential NG swords including a bunch of single-edge stuff

too many potential new pieces from Jody to count - he had just gotten a load of new hilt components in and was playing max-n-match to see what would work the best; how he comes up with all these ideas and keeps track of them all I can't
fathom .....

It was great hanging out with you guys as well Harlan. I spend so much time listening to sword talk it's nice to hear about armor now and then as well (although Lars can be a wealth of information too). Hope to see you back in rustic Wisconsin again soon. Oh, and you may want to hang on to a copy of those photos of Rick, you never know when they may come in handy Wink .

"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -Bruce Cambell as Ash in Evil Dead: Army of Darkness
Allan Senefelder
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 25 Feb, 2004 5:19 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lars is just using armouring as a front to get girls . That cell of his rings all the time .
Rick will have me looking at great helms in a whole new way . Thanks loads to the Albion folks
for having us out !
Tristan Waddington
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 25 Feb, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allan Senefelder wrote:
Lars is just using armouring as a front to get girls .

ROFL Laughing Out Loud !

"Good, Bad, I'm the guy with the gun." -Bruce Cambell as Ash in Evil Dead: Army of Darkness

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Albion visit
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic