Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Dec 25: myArmoury.com news and updates Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  

Considering all of this week's latest additions, please rate the quality of our efforts.
Excellent
60%
 60%  [ 29 ]
Very Good
29%
 29%  [ 14 ]
Good
8%
 8%  [ 4 ]
Fair
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Poor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 48

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 25 Dec, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Dec 25: myArmoury.com news and updates         Reply with quote

Today's update:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!

Man of War:
Charles V
An article by Chad Arnow

Anatomy of Armour: Harnesses of Charles V

An article by Chad Arnow

As always, you can see our Complete History of Updates listed right from our home page.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Thu 28 Dec, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Great articles Chad and good photography as usual.

Must be difficult to find good quality pics that ALL seems of the same high quality ? Even some of my " classic " reference books have so-so pictures that seem badly lit or simply printed too low contrast and look faded. ( And coming from varied sources don't feel uniform at all ).

In this case all the pics seem very clear and details are easy to see. ( Subtle drop shadows also give some 3D feel to some of the armour shots shown without a frame on the general grey background ).

Hmmmm: More than a little Photoshop magic there I see when I click on the small versions to see the full size versions.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Torsten F.H. Wilke

PostPosted: Thu 28 Dec, 2006 10:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very nice articles indeed! I'm going to enjoy these for a long time to come...
C.L. Miller

PostPosted: Thu 28 Dec, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Very nice work Chad, and on Christmas no less! I'm really enjoying the "Man of War" series which seems to be ramping up, and pairing a well written profile such as this with an article surveying the man's harnesses makes for a very satisfying read. Bravo!
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 29 Dec, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Yep, we even publish on Christmas. Happy

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Happy It's nice to know these were enjoyable. The Man of War series isn't going away anytime soon, so look for more installments. I like their scope and the context they give to the weapons we study. I always learn something new when I write one. The Anatomy of Armour article was fun, too. Charles had enough harnesses that we could have done several of these Anatomy of Armour articles on his harnesses. Maybe we'll do that down the road. For this one, I just chose three of the Kolman Helmschmid harnesses, leaving plenty of room for sequels, if we choose to go that route. Happy

Jean,
In regards to the photos, I'm realizing more and more that Nathan is pretty much a photo editing genius. Graphics and photos are unifying theme throughout the site and its articles and reviews. I enjoy writing the articles I've done, but once they're formatted and illustrated, they take on a new life, one much larger than the text gave them alone. Nathan may not do much authoring these days, but every article bears his stamp through the photos and other illustrations.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Dec 25: myArmoury.com news and updates
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic