Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

atlantean
Timothy Gulics wrote:
I would hope they're well made, balanced, etc... but I heard the Atlantean and Father's Sword are very heavy and impractical for actual use. Hmm.

Probobly not to bad if you Freaking huge! like arnold though....
Re: atlantean
Shawn Duncanson wrote:
Timothy Gulics wrote:
I would hope they're well made, balanced, etc... but I heard the Atlantean and Father's Sword are very heavy and impractical for actual use. Hmm.

Probobly not to bad if you Freaking huge! like arnold though....

It is a popular misconception that Jody's swords are heavy -- due primarily to the film swords he has made (specs often dictated by the studios, not by the swordmaker. I actually enjoy cutting with the Atlantean -- yes it is big and heavy, but it sure does cut 5-tatami mat rolls like nothing!)

In fact, as many here can attest first-hand, the vast majority of his swords are very light and quick. We can start posting specs for Jody's pieces -- most of the collectors who have bought his work don't care, so we have not been putting them up when new pieces are introduced. (Often they are sold so fast we don't have time to put them up.)

Best,

Howy
Howard Waddell wrote:

It is a popular misconception that Jody's swords are heavy -- due primarily to the film swords he has made (specs often dictated by the studios, not by the swordmaker. I actually enjoy cutting with the Atlantean -- yes it is big and heavy, but it sure does cut 5-tatami mat rolls like nothing!)

In fact, as many here can attest first-hand, the vast majority of his swords are very light and quick. We can start posting specs for Jody's pieces -- most of the collectors who have bought his work don't care, so we have not been putting them up when new pieces are introduced. (Often they are sold so fast we don't have time to put them up.)

Best,

Howy

I always enjoy the stats Howie - if you guys have time to post them, I think we would appreciate it.
Thanks.

Gordon
Gordon Clark wrote:
Howard Waddell wrote:

Best,

Howy

I always enjoy the stats Howie - if you guys have time to post them, I think we would appreciate it.
Thanks.

Gordon

Will do, Gordon!

Best,

Howy
Yes, stats are important! :) I've asked Mike for stats on a few other pieces because I want to know how big they are overall; length, grip size, and weight are most important to me. Also, more high-res pictures from various angles are also great to have. :)
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Page 3 of 3

Jump to: