Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search

myArmoury.com is now completely member-supported. Please contribute to our efforts with a donation. Your donations will go towards updating our site, modernizing it, and keeping it viable long-term.
Last 10 Donors: Daniel Sullivan, Anonymous, Chad Arnow, Jonathan Dean, M. Oroszlany, Sam Arwas, Barry C. Hutchins, Dan Kary, Oskar Gessler, Dave Tonge (View All Donors)

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Printerfriendly versions! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Martin Wallgren

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue 24 Oct, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Printerfriendly versions!         Reply with quote

Is there a possibillity for printerfriendly versions of the spotlight topics. Some of them would easiely be one of the best articles out there on the subject of this homepage!

Just a sugestion.

Swordsman, Archer and Dad
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Tue 24 Oct, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Printerfriendly versions!         Reply with quote

Martin Wallgren wrote:
Is there a possibillity for printerfriendly versions of the spotlight topics. Some of them would easiely be one of the best articles out there on the subject of this homepage!

Just a sugestion.

Yes. It's possible. I want to have printer-friendly versions of all forum stuff and improve the printer-friendly versions of the articles. It's on my list. But I have hundreds of things on the list so it hasn't been tackled. I've been taxed with content stuff rather than tech stuff and likely will be for the foreseeable future. There are a ton of things I want to pursue, however, and this is definitely one of them.

Thank you for the note! These things help me prioritize stuff. For example, I personally never print things, but I know many, many users of the Internet do.

Cheers

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Martin Wallgren

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed 25 Oct, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Your wellcome Nathan!

I use some of the articles in my Traininggroup, to emphisise some technical points in the fencing. And sometimes when I travel I have some of the topics in print to read. It is good fun.

Swordsman, Archer and Dad
M. Eversberg II

Reading list: 3 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Sun 10 Dec, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

How about allowing a PDF version of each article to be dowloaded? I know there are a few articles on techniques and a few reviews I'd like to have handy like that.

M.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 10 Dec, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

M. Eversberg II wrote:
How about allowing a PDF version of each article to be dowloaded? I know there are a few articles on techniques and a few reviews I'd like to have handy like that.

M.

Wonderful idea that's already on my list but is relatively low in priority for me. To do it justice requires a fair amount of coding to the basic way content is delivered here on the site. There are some articles, in particular, I had thought of manually doing as PDF docs but I just haven't found the time to do it.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
M. Eversberg II

Reading list: 3 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 11 Dec, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I might be able to volounter to convert them to PDF then send them to you.

M.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 11 Dec, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

M. Eversberg II wrote:
I might be able to volounter to convert them to PDF then send them to you.

M.

Thank you for the offer.

The conversion is easy.. I can have the site do it automatically with a simple coded routine. But that delivers a very, very ugly and armature printed product and not one I want to see distributed as branded with the myArmoury.com logo.

It's the taking the assets in, doing the typography, re-doing the graphics, paginating the articles, removing links, changing online-only behavior, and reformatting all to work well in a printed medium that takes the time.

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Suggestions, Requests and Support > Printerfriendly versions!
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic