Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A December Highlight Item and Holiday Specials! Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sat 09 Dec, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: A&A December Highlight Item and Holiday Specials!         Reply with quote

Merry Christmas from Arms & Armor

Check out the December Highlight Item this month on ARMS & ARMOR News It is our new #215 Silvered Smallsword at a special price.

Also look for our new additions and upgrades on
#078 German Branch Sword
#210 Henry V Sword with hollow ground blade.

as well as a Goedendag in our custom section-

#959 Sword in Hand by Ewart Oakeshott book gets a new dust jacket. This, by the way, makes an excellent christmas gift. Speaking of gifts check out these gift ideas for those of you who spend to much time on sword sites and not enough shopping for those gifts. Happy

#961 Medieval Alliance Game
#962 a Knight Puppet
#963 a Dragon Puppet

Find it all here ARMS & ARMOR News

Best wishes to all and Happy Holidays from A&A Inc.

Last edited by Craig Johnson on Sun 10 Dec, 2006 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sat 09 Dec, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Great news, Craig. I'm sure I am one of those folks who mentioned interest in a hollow-ground Henry V. The silvered small sword looks great, also!
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Hugo Voisine

PostPosted: Sat 09 Dec, 2006 3:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The hollow-ground Henry V sword is definitely on my wish list. Happy
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sat 09 Dec, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hmm let me see how can I put this... ^&%&%^^$^%$%$%%$%$%$^%&%& .... Yeah I think that about does it. Okay Craig can you tell me just how exactly am I supposed to go about collecting the entire collection if you keep adding to it? Huh? Sheesh... Happy What a problem to have. Beautiful work guys. Happy
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Sat 09 Dec, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am beginning to wonder if Craig is trying to get me killed by my wife Question Laughing Out Loud Eek! Laughing Out Loud Just Kidding of Course!

Oh MY! The Henry V Sword with the hollow grind, is a real beauty and I would bet my bottom dollar is going to be a very popular sword Exclamation If I did not already have a Henry V Sword, I would "Have to Order this Sword and risk getting impaled by my wife! Laughing Out Loud GORGEOUS Exclamation

Bob

Last edited by Bob Burns on Sat 09 Dec, 2006 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joe Fults

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sat 09 Dec, 2006 8:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice batch of upgrades and additions.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sat 09 Dec, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice with the hollow grind: Any plans to make a hollow ground version of the French Medieval Sword assuming that this would be closer to the original(s) ? In that case a slightly thicker central ridge at no weight penalty compared to the current version might be a good idea ?

In any case that Sword or the Cavalier Rapier have always tempted me. ( have to get some other projects / purchases paid for first. Wink Laughing Out Loud

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Michael S. Rivet

PostPosted: Sun 10 Dec, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Arms & Armor is now my one-stop shop for swords and puppets!

Seriously, what's with the puppets? Is this a lark or a new product line? Are there more puppets forthcoming? (My wife pointed out that the knight and dragon are useless without the damsel.) Are they forged or stock removal pieces? How is the heat treat?
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 10 Dec, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Any plans to make a hollow ground version of the French Medieval Sword assuming that this would be closer to the original(s) ? In that case a slightly thicker central ridge at no weight penalty compared to the current version might be a good idea ?

Hi Jean

No plans to do that as I believe the original is more diamond cross section not hollow ground. If one wanted to customize a blade to do that it would be possible.

The option maybe avialable on the #191 Oakeshott Sword, when I get a chance to work out the details.

Best
Craig
Addison C. de Lisle

PostPosted: Sun 10 Dec, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

All I can say is...ooooh!

I really like the hollow-ground Henry V sword! And I usually don't go for smallswords, but that one is really nice-looking!

Great Job!

www.addisondelisle.com
Sean Belair
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Sun 10 Dec, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

wow, i wasn't a fan of the branch sword before and i'm not a fan of yellow metal but put them together and you get a sweet sword.
J. Bedell

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Sun 10 Dec, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I agree with Sean, the new look of the branch sword is wicked awesome!

I like the look of that silvered smallsword too, it looks much classier than the original.

-James

The pen may be mighter, but the sword is much more fun.
William Knight

PostPosted: Sun 10 Dec, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice to see you folks are raising the bar yet higher.
Keep up the good work.
-Will
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Sun 10 Dec, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Now I am glad I held off on buying the German Branch sword, because when I do, it will definitely be the new upgraded version and this new German Branch Sword is a "Must" for my collection somewhere down the road Exclamation

Bob
Jason Elrod

Reading list: 38 books

PostPosted: Sun 10 Dec, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'd love to see the Oakeshott Sword w/a hollow ground blade. I've always admired the pics of it that are up on the Oakeshott Institute's website.

Craig Johnson wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Any plans to make a hollow ground version of the French Medieval Sword assuming that this would be closer to the original(s) ? In that case a slightly thicker central ridge at no weight penalty compared to the current version might be a good idea ?

Hi Jean

No plans to do that as I believe the original is more diamond cross section not hollow ground. If one wanted to customize a blade to do that it would be possible.

The option maybe avialable on the #191 Oakeshott Sword, when I get a chance to work out the details.

Best
Craig
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 11 Dec, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Hand Puppets wave of the future!         Reply with quote

Michael S. Rivet wrote:
Arms & Armor is now my one-stop shop for swords and puppets!

Seriously, what's with the puppets? Is this a lark or a new product line? Are there more puppets forthcoming? (My wife pointed out that the knight and dragon are useless without the damsel.) Are they forged or stock removal pieces? How is the heat treat?

Hi Michael

In our push to stay on the cutting edge of the replica sword market we see the general trend moving to hand puppets in the near future, no Big Grin just kidding.

It was pointed out to us that maybe some of the younger fans of A&A may not be ready to own swords but might like something in the genre for Christmas as well as those couple of guys who spend a lot of time looking at swords and realize to late they should have gone shopping for their children/niece and nephews/siblings. It is more a service to our shopping challenged Father/Uncle/Granddad/Older Brother customers who could use a little help in getting a fun gift.

The game is something I recommend a lot. It is fun but also has lots of history involved. There are images of our items used in the game but it is an independently made product that my kids have gotten a lot of use out of, surprisingly a lot actually. One does not think 9 and 11-year-old girls will get into that type of thing but they have. They are usually way more into Cheetah Girls and the High School Musical. (Note to those who did not understand that last sentence. You are outside the bubble of the pop culture of preteen girls; best steer clear of all Malls and the Disney Channel without a guide.)

Back to your puppet needs Wink if one needs a damsel puppet this could be arranged. The company that produces these has quite a few options; we wanted to just have a couple of appropriate items to offer our customers. They are forged or ground as the shape dictates and tempered to a plush -30 on the Rockwell scale for the knight. The Dragon is of course measured on the Dragon scale at about cuddly.

Happy Holidays
Craig
Shamsi Modarai

Reading list: 16 books

PostPosted: Mon 11 Dec, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I think the puppets are absolutely adorable, and I would definitely buy a whole set for my kids (if I had any), but more for myself: dragon, knight, and damsel! Big Grin

But then, I might be a little bit outside your normal target group anyway..... Razz

Wa biš žam že sceal of langože leofes abidan.

~ The Wife's Lament
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

PostPosted: Mon 11 Dec, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hooray for the goedendag! I'm thilled to see y'all doing so many custom polearms!
-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 11 Dec, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Sean Flynt wrote:
Hooray for the goedendag! I'm thilled to see y'all doing so many custom polearms!

Sean, you know better then that. One must always post the pictures for everyone to see. I had managed to miss that one... thanks for pointing it out.

On a similar note I managed to get my hands on one of their old Bec de Corbyns recently (head only). I've refurbished that but still have to mount it to a shaft. (wondering if I HAVE to inlet those langets this time). I think it's going to be a very nice piece when it's all said and done and will be sure to post pictures.

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 11 Dec, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Pole Weapons         Reply with quote

Hey Sean and Russ

Yes we do like doing the longer arms. There are so many options and unique piece to do that I doubt we will ever get to some of the styles.

The Goedendag was fun to work on and very surprising when finished. It was a hefty piece but when you took it in two hands and started to do a few thrusting actions, it immediately became apparent why this was such an acclaimed weapon by the flemish knights who used it. It literally was unstoppable as far as diverting or counter blows. One would have to be very wary of opening any line that a thrust could be made on when up against this piece.

On the Bec, Russ, we do not inlet those langets they are usually on the surface of the shaft. One could inlet these certainly but not all where.

Keep well
Craig

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > A&A December Highlight Item and Holiday Specials!
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: