Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Hand and a Half, Albrecht II, sword by Hanwei / Paul Chen Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Marc-Antoine Jean

PostPosted: Tue 05 Dec, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

the replacement pommel was custom made by an armourer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Brandon B

PostPosted: Tue 05 Dec, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Which armourer was used to replace such a pommel? Can Atrim or Albion make replacements?
May God grant us the wisdom to discover the right, the strength to choose it, and the will to make it endure. - First Knight
Bryce Felperin

PostPosted: Tue 05 Dec, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brandon B wrote:
Bryce Felperin wrote:
yup, the grip was slipped inside the pommel. All the grip was glued to the tang with some sort of epoxy.

One last question. So did the wood grip come loose from the tang after some use, or just the guard and pommel? I just wonder how well that epoxy holds up for holding the tang to the grip.

On the Practical sword that a fellow salle mate of mine has the leather grip was glued on to the wood core handle. The glue comes undone after heavey use (about five or six months). So I believe it's the glue that's used that is the problem. I don't know if the same problem will happen with the Functional sword model or not, I simply haven't put it through as much use as my salle mate has with his practical. From what I can see it uses the same construction system though.

Oh, something else to notice is the chrome plating on the parts IS coming off of my Functional model. So you can expect that to be a problem long term as well.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Hand and a Half, Albrecht II, sword by Hanwei / Paul Chen
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: