Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Contest: Win a Viking Shield!Contest
This is a standard topic  

Shown below are several Viking-era sword hilts. Of the ones shown, which is your favorite style?
0%
 0%  [ 2 ]
7%
 7%  [ 21 ]
7%
 7%  [ 20 ]
27%
 27%  [ 74 ]
16%
 16%  [ 46 ]
12%
 12%  [ 34 ]
16%
 16%  [ 46 ]
5%
 5%  [ 15 ]
5%
 5%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 272

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 12 Nov, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Contest: Win a Viking Shield!         Reply with quote

Win a Free Viking Shield!

We're giving away a free viking shield made by Viking-Shield.com to one lucky myArmoury.com member! This is the "model II" shield and is donated by the maker specifically for this contest.

The shield is made of five planks of 1/2" plywood. The central boss is hammered out of 13-gauge steel. Both the boss and grip are riveted and nailed on just like they are on the originals. The rim is made of thick rawhide. It is 28" in diameter and weighs about 8 1/2 pounds. Please read our hands-on review for a complete description of the actual prize shield.

Viking Shield specializes in Viking Age replicas. They sell swords by Albion Armorers, Armour Class, Paul Binns, Windlass Steelcrafts, and Paul Chen and have many styles of axes, spears, seax, helms, jewelry, and other related items.

They create hand-made shields available with many options and also do fully custom work to spec.

All items are in stock and ready to ship unless noted on the Web site.

HOW TO ENTER:
  1. Ensure you're a registered member of myArmoury.com

2. Go to the top of this post and find the voting poll

3. Vote in the voting poll
That's it! You're done!

You must be entered prior to Monday, December 4th, 2006. All participants will be entered into a drawing and the winning name will be randomly selected soon after the contest close. Shipping charges will then be calculated, and upon receipt of said shipping charges from the winner, the prize will be shipped!

Good luck to everyone!!

Click any image above to read the full hands-on review

This contest is sponsored by Viking-Shield.com who has graciously donated the prize. Thanks goes out to them.

Important rules and limitations:

1. You must be a registered member of myArmoury.com to enter
  2. You must be at least 18 years old or have parental consent to claim the prize
  3. If you are under 18 years old, you must Contact us upon entering
  4. myArmoury.com moderators and affiliates of Viking-Shield.com are not eligible to win
  5. The winner must agree to pay actual shipping charges for the prize
  6. The winner has one week to claim his prize until another winner is selected
  7. Only one entry per household is allowed

Please read our detailed Rules and Limitations document for complete information and our disclaimer.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 26 Nov, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

REMINDER:

We're about two weeks into this contest with only one more week left!

Please support our contest sponsor's Web site by visiting Viking-Shield.com and looking at their items. It looks like there are many things in stock and at cheaper prices than the manufacturers themselves.

I also can't help but notice this line: "If you find an item cheaper somewhere else please remember that haggling was quite common during the Viking Age".

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 03 Dec, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The winner will be announced late tomorrow evening!

(Pacific Standard Time)

Shamsi Modarai

Reading list: 16 books

PostPosted: Mon 04 Dec, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh darn....I only just saw this today. Is it too late to vote?
Wa biš žam že sceal of langože leofes abidan.

~ The Wife's Lament
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 04 Dec, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Shamsi Modarai wrote:
Oh darn....I only just saw this today. Is it too late to vote?

It wasn't when you posted, but now it is. I've thrown your name into the contest and made you eligible as a winner, though!

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 04 Dec, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The winner has been chosen. I'm now waiting to hear back from the person before the public announcement.

Figured I should tell you all so I can just string you all on a lil' bit longer. Cool Big Grin

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 04 Dec, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

The winner has been chosen. Check out our announcement! Thank you to all who have participated.

Forum Index > myArmoury.com Features Talk > Contest: Win a Viking Shield!Contest
Page 1 of 1