Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > "Elven" hunting knife Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Craig Holt

PostPosted: Wed 22 Nov, 2006 12:23 pm    Post subject: "Elven" hunting knife         Reply with quote

I liked the design of the United Cutlery's take on the Strider elfin Knife, however, it is definately a wall hanger!!! The poor handle construction and the stainless steel blade lend themselves to an accident in the making. My question is: Does anyone out there have any information on who is currently making or could make a similar(due to licensing I am sure) knife for a reasonable amount(and that is subjective, I know) of money? The curve and handle shape of the UC version flows nicely when doing filipino cutting drills and i am sure if it was made of sterner stuff, it would lend itsself well to cutting tasks like small cordage, heavier skinning work and exceedingly well for defense. Please someone give me some ideas. Thanks all!! And, by the way, I wish to thank everyone who has posted on this site as you have all unknowingly helped me in choosing a maker for a sword i have been wanting. Your reviews and knowledge of swordsmiths I have never heard of have made my task far easier than it was in the beginning. Thank you all again!!

Craig Holt
Grayson C.

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 22 Nov, 2006 12:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Museum replicas had one a while ago.

Might want to check it out?
Craig Holt

PostPosted: Wed 22 Nov, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject: mrl         Reply with quote

they did..but they have stopped offering anything like that since. Their products come and go. I would not be opposed to their knife as long as my sword were of superiou quality though.
Grayson C.

PostPosted: Wed 22 Nov, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: mrl         Reply with quote

Craig Holt wrote:
they did..but they have stopped offering anything like that since. Their products come and go. I would not be opposed to their knife as long as my sword were of superiou quality though.

Yes, I see that....I was just on their site.

Checking some other sites for you, I'll be back hopefully!

edit: There is a problem here I'm encountering: the LISCENSED product is made from stainless steel, sadly. That means its unlikely to find one of good quality Cry
Nate C.

PostPosted: Wed 22 Nov, 2006 1:24 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig,

I don't know of anyone who does a production version of Strider's knife that would fit your requirements. However there are several makers who have made LOTR-ish blades in the past. John Lundemo from Odinblades has done several. The folks at Ollin Sword Design have some "elvish" designs that might be worth looking at as well. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Nate C.

Sapere Aude
"If you are going to kill the man, at least give him a decent salute." - A. Blansitt

If they ever come up with a Swashbuckling School, I think one of the courses should be Laughing, then Jumping Off Something. --Jack Handy
Craig Holt

PostPosted: Wed 22 Nov, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: ollin sword         Reply with quote

the ollin sword site helped alot--thanks. I like the persuader and i have contacted them to see if the weight of that behemoth can be brought down a bit.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > "Elven" hunting knife
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic