Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > For Sale: Custom Necklaces / Rosaries Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

Reading list: 327 books

Spotlight topics: 32

Feedback score: 100%
(12 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: For Sale: Custom Necklaces / Rosaries         Reply with quote

Custom One-of-a-Kind Necklaces

My girlfriend makes jewelry and sells them to local boutiques. She does a million different styles, works with tons of materials, and uses a variety of techniques. Her stuff ranges from modern and minimal to various styles of vintage to clunky Bohemian to traditional designs.

This isn't exactly the venue for such things, but there are a couple pieces that might be of interest so I'm sharing them before they hit whatever storefront is slated to take them. Besides, Christmas is right around the corner.

All are approximately 16-18" inches around. The two rosary-inspired ones have a 3" extension. Further details available upon request.

Thanks for looking.

#1: Rosary-inspired: dyed jade and sterling silver
Asking price: $70 :: SOLD

#2: Rosary-inspired: dyed jade and sterling silver
Asking price: $70 :: SOLD

#3: Garnet, onyx, and sterling silver
Asking price: $80 :: SOLD

I prefer PayPal but the 3% mark-up be added.

Questions or comments can be Private Messaged to me here on myArmoury.com or via email.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Moved to the Makers and Manufacturers Talk forum. It's better placed here.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Mike Capanelli

Reading list: 5 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: ......................................         Reply with quote

Hey Nathan,

Sent you a PM sir.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct, 2006 4:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Necklaces #1 and #3 are both sold. Thanks, guys.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:

Yup, I got number one. Big Grin Great gift for my Mom and a great excuse as well to buy it since I liked the design and I'm looking forward to admiring it. Cool

Just don't tell my Mom it's a surprise. Razz ( Well, little chance of that since she never uses my computer or any computer in fact, joke ! )

You guys have to be faster Razz

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks, everyone. All three have sold. Maybe I should post some more.. Hmm!
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nathan Robinson wrote:
Thanks, everyone. All three have sold. Maybe I should post some more.. Hmm!

Maybe you should. Big Grin Admittedly these were very far from " on topic " but also nice and classic looking so they would tend to appeal here just because many here can appreciate good design.

One thing though is that you mentioned in your original post that she does a wide variety of things: Maybe you could suggest some historically inspired art ( easier to call it this as the products might be a whole range of things ).

I have no idea exactly what ? But plaque belts or medals of office, cloak broaches, scabbard decorations, ( Roman, Celtic, fantasy ....... )

You can probably suggest other things ?

Just a thought. Wink

Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm definitely in agreement with Jean. All three of those necklaces (especially the first one, my favorite) would go great with any period costume or ensemble. Like antique swords, there are many forms of fine jewelry that have survived the centuries as far back as ancient Egypt with each one being unique and no two being alike. In fact, we're all aware that swords were often worn as jewelry items, particularly during the Renaissance and later.

Just a thought. Wink

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Edward Hitchens wrote:
I'm definitely in agreement with Jean. All three of those necklaces (especially the first one, my favorite) would go great with any period costume or ensemble. Like antique swords, there are many forms of fine jewelry that have survived the centuries as far back as ancient Egypt with each one being unique and no two being alike. In fact, we're all aware that swords were often worn as jewelry items, particularly during the Renaissance and later.

Just a thought. Wink

Good points also, I agree with Edward and with myself ! Sort of the final touches to period costumes ( Civilian wear. And an excuse for us guys to parade as peacock with period finery, fancy dagger and jewellery. Wink Razz Come on guys you know you want too ! Eek! Laughing Out Loud )

Nice gifts for your lady also: " Hey I bought you jewellery because of my hobby ....... can I get a new sword now ! " How's that for marketing or Psy. Ops. !

Nathan: In any case I would be curious to see what other things she makes even if not intended for sale here or particularly aimed for this audience. ( I don't think you need an excuse to post more stuff, but if you did I'm opening the door wide open. Wink Laughing Out Loud )

A bit of teasing maybe but well intentioned and sincere. Big Grin

Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

All three necklaces are sold. Thank you for looking.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Nathan: In any case I would be curious to see what other things she makes even if not intended for sale here or particularly aimed for this audience.

Hi Jean-

i just started to photograph the stuff. She has no records of anything she's really done so I offered to remedy that. I figured it would be nice to have an archive of it, if not a full-fledged gallery site and eventually an online storefront to help her market to boutiques. All in good time, at least.

So anyway, here's some photos of things she's done in the last couple weeks. She goes in stages in terms of styles and materials so the variety isn't representative of her full range.

J. Bedell

Reading list: 7 books

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow, those are all spectacular! I especially like the pink one with the rose. You should definitely post some of her work for sale on a regular basis, I think it would be a big hit! Be sure to let her know that we appreciate and admire her work.

cheers,
-James

The pen may be mighter, but the sword is much more fun.
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

J. Bedell wrote:
Wow, those are all spectacular! I especially like the pink one with the rose. You should definitely post some of her work for sale on a regular basis, I think it would be a big hit! Be sure to let her know that we appreciate and admire her work.

cheers,
-James

Yup, really great sense of design. Cool Cool Cool make sure she reads this thread. Wink

I would keep this topic going until she has her own web site and then I would put a link to her site here. ( Sure you must have thought of this already. )

John Lundemo
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Mon 30 Oct, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow, that stuff is very cool! I am a big fan of Catholic style art and collectables, especially antique roseries. I have a modest collection of this stuff. It would be great to have a custom made rosery with say, antique green glass and silver or wooden cross. Sure looks like I found the place to go when I get the dough:)
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Tue 14 Nov, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Nathan Robinson wrote:

Yup, I got number one. Big Grin Great gift for my Mom and a great excuse as well to buy it since I liked the design and I'm looking forward to admiring it. Cool

Just don't tell my Mom it's a surprise. Razz ( Well, little chance of that since she never uses my computer or any computer in fact, joke ! )

You guys have to be faster Razz

Well, just got it and my mother is trilled and it's as well designed and attractive in " person ". Wink Cool Laughing Out Loud

Also a little friendly bump. Wink Big Grin

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > For Sale: Custom Necklaces / Rosaries
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic