For Sale: Arms & Armor bearded axe and Custom seax
This listing has been REMOVED and is no longer active

For Sale, Discontinued A&A "viking" axe (purchasd in 1998) 24" Hickory handle, $95 shipped in cont.U.S. money order only please. Also for sale a anglo Saxon Broken back seax by Scott Byler.Seax blae is 12" long, grip is walnut and antler,$125 shipped.

Attachment: 55.73 KB
100_1300.JPG

Attachment: 67.07 KB
100_1301.JPG

Hi,

Can you please post a few details about the seax? More specifically, can you provide me with the following: a) who is the maker, b) is the blade sharpened and properly heat treated, or is it a reinactment piece (or decorative wall hanger)? Finally, what is the condition of the piece -- is it in like new condition, or does it show wear from use etc?

I may be interested in acquiring this piece, but to be up front with you, it completely depends on the answers to the questions above. I wiould also really appreciate it if you could either post or send me some good large quality photos of the piece emphasizing the blade, blade edge, tip, and grip sections.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Biggers wrote:
Hi,

Can you please post a few details about the seax? More specifically, can you provide me with the following: a) who is the maker, b) is the blade sharpened and properly heat treated, or is it a reinactment piece (or decorative wall hanger)? Finally, what is the condition of the piece -- is it in like new condition, or does it show wear from use etc?

I may be interested in acquiring this piece, but to be up front with you, it completely depends on the answers to the questions above. I wiould also really appreciate it if you could either post or send me some good large quality photos of the piece emphasizing the blade, blade edge, tip, and grip sections.

Regards,

Andy
The blade is made by Scott Byler (as I stated in the original post), It is sharp, fully heat treated 1075 , and in unused condition. (the blade has developed a slight patina).I will PM some more detailed photos ASAP. Also it is $125 shipped is inside the U.S. Canada will cost a bit more.
More detailed photos of seax

I have attached a few more photo's of the Broken back seax.

Attachment: 49.45 KB
seax0002.jpg

Attachment: 26.3 KB
seax0004.jpg

Hi James,

Thaks for the clarification. Given what you have told me, I am most definitely interested in acquiring the scramaseax. I have never arranged to purchase an item advertised on this board, so please let me know how I can contact you directly (i.e., your email address) so I can arrange to pay you.

Regards,

Andy B.

Andy Biggers wrote:
Thaks for the clarification. Given what you have told me, I am most definitely interested in acquiring the scramaseax. I have never arranged to purchase an item advertised on this board, so please let me know how I can contact you directly (i.e., your email address) so I can arrange to pay you.

Please contact the seller privately by sending a private message using the button at the bottom of the post or in their profile that looks like this: [ Linked Image ]

Thank you for pointing out the email button.

Message sent,

AB
Sax is sold pending payment

the Broken back seax is sold pending payment.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: