Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Wanted: custom scabbard services Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Daniel Higgins

PostPosted: Sat 28 Oct, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Wanted: custom scabbard services         Reply with quote

Looking for someone to do all the leather and finishing work (dont trust myself) lol! for a custom scabbard Im making..... I will send the completed wooden halves and possibly the sword??? Look forward to working with YOU!
Daniel
Al Muckart

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It would help to know the style of scabbard and suspension you want, your budget, and what sort of sword it is for.

Thanks.

--
Al.
http://wherearetheelves.net
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Daniel,
I've moved your topic from the Marketplace to Off-Topic Talk. Please take a moment to check out the Rules and descriptions for each forum. From the Rules for the Marketplace forum:

Quote:
Posting a "Wanted" topic on the marketplace is done when a person is looking to purchase a specific item off the used market.

This person is hoping to find another member of the site that has one of these items for sale or knows of one currently available on the used market. In these cases, the person who has the item will respond with the information either via a reply or a private message.

This forum is not intended for discussion: it's a sales forum.

If a person wants to know general information on the item or wants to have advice on currently-available new merchandise or custom makers, then he needs to ask that stuff in our other forums.

If you don't have an item in your possession and are not aware of such an item currently available on the used market, then don't respond to these posts. Links to on-line merchants or advice on makers is not appropriate for this forum.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Michael R. Black

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct, 2006 10:12 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

You might consider contacting Russ Ellis at Tritonworks. He's done several scabbards for me, and I've been very happy with his work. Russ posts here on this forum on a regular basis.

Regards,

Michael
Greyson Brown

Reading list: 15 books

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is the kind of thing that I would love to do, but I am not in a position to be able to do the metal work. Also, my leatherwork might not be up to your standard, so it is probably a moot point. Russ Ellis would not be a bad choice. You might also consider contacting Greg Griggs. I've seen the scabbard he made for his Albion Museum Line Sword of Saint Maurice. He does some very nice work as well.

-Grey

"So long as I can keep the path of honor I am well content."
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The White Company
Daniel Higgins

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

ok, ok...... don't laugh, but its actually for a Boromir setup in our display, so that means its for a fake UC sword.... you might have read our other posts on building a shield press and trying to make an accurate boss as well..... all part of the same project. But just because the sword is a fake one, that doesn't mean that the scabbard has to be fake as well. We have a multitude of pictures for the scale and design.....and time really isn't an issue here.... no rush.

Attachment: 59.46 KB
scabbardcomp.jpg

Daniel Higgins

PostPosted: Sun 29 Oct, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: Tritonworks         Reply with quote

thank you for that tip on Tritonworks...... I emailed him a query on this job..... Ill keep those interested up to date here on the progress if he takes the job!

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Wanted: custom scabbard services
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic