Go to page Previous  1, 2

Looking sharp Henrik! The carving is extremely well executed :), and I love those fittings! By the way, did you regrind the blade, or did you get one of the blades that did not have a standard diamond cross section? Looking forward to see the completed scabbard :).

Johan Schubert Moen
Hi all!

Here are some pictures of the finished dirk and scabbard!

Cheers,
Henrik

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
Johan, Russ did all the work needed on the blade. I haven't yet the tools or knowledge to work much on blade-shaping etc. But hopefully I'll get more equipment and skills :) I've ordered a new blade from him, which will be based on some of the early dirk blades, which I'll use for another dirkproject I'm doing.

Cheers,
Henrik
Very nicely done, Henrik. Whose basket hilt is displayed with your lovely dirk?
Thanks Steve! :D

That is my beloved snouted ribbon hilt by Donnie Shearer, the Mad Piper. :)

Cheers,
Henrik
Henrik, my friend, you know my feelings about this already, but one again "Beautiful work." The big difference I see in your work is that it was a labor of love my someone who really appreciates the providence and period. Keep up the fine job!! George
Henrik Bjoern Boegh wrote:
Johan, Russ did all the work needed on the blade. I haven't yet the tools or knowledge to work much on blade-shaping etc. But hopefully I'll get more equipment and skills :) I've ordered a new blade from him, which will be based on some of the early dirk blades, which I'll use for another dirkproject I'm doing.

Cheers,
Henrik

Ah, okay, so you did get that nifty blade then...Russ mentioned using it for a Rondel I believe, but it is good that you got it instead ;). But ya know, you can create a lot of catastrophes and not-so-catasthropes with an angle grinder :p.

Finished product is looking gooood! I really like that scabbard; not overly complicated but very elegant :).

Johan Schubert Moen
Go to page Previous  1, 2

Page 2 of 2

Jump to: