Renaissance Metal De-Corroder
Unlike some other members of this site, I have never been able to "embrace the rust". So, I was interested to note that the makers of Renaissance Wax, Picreator Enterprises Ltd, also make a product called Renaissance Metal De-Corroder. This product was briefly mentioned in another thread last year, but my crude use of the search function has uncovered no other mention on the site since that time. As noted on the Picreator site, they tout the product as a "Safe, Non-toxic System for Rust Removal with Full Control". I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has tried this stuff regarding their experience.
Steve;

Sounds interesting I wonder if there is a North American supplier out there ? I haven't tried a search for it yet ? I think I'll try the place I got my renaissance was and see if they stock it. ( http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp?...rodID=1304 ) A quick search there gave no results for the de-corroder. Maybe I'll send them an e-mail about possible future availability ?
Actually, Jean, a Google search produces several sources for Ren Metal De-Corroder on this side of the pond. I have found at least two sources that claim to have it available for about $US30 per liter: The Gemmary and Conservation Resources International LLC. My questions are "how /how well does the stuff work?" and "what are the pitfalls, if any?"
No experience with this material from anyone here? I guess I'll try some, and let y'all know how it goes.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: