Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > i have a question for people who know a lot of good websites Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Garrett Hazen

PostPosted: Sat 02 Sep, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: i have a question for people who know a lot of good websites         Reply with quote

does anyone here know any good sites for custom made weapons, particularly that of swords? thanks
Learn to obey before you command--Solon of Athens
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sat 02 Sep, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hello and welcome to the site.

This info is all over the site and the forum. Read our Hands-on reviews. Browse the rest of the site. Check out the photo galleries. Check out the links page. Read the forums. It's literally in hundreds of places all over this site.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Garrett Hazen

PostPosted: Sat 02 Sep, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: i know         Reply with quote

but dont you or anyone else have any specific suggestions for custom product sites?
Learn to obey before you command--Solon of Athens
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat 02 Sep, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Just click on the links as Nathan suggested and you will find a long list of major makers of swords: What you are looking for is all there waiting for that " click ". I also assume that you are sort of new to the subject so the best thing to do is to explore this site and read the feature articles and other content.

We are glad to help but you have to do that first " click " yourself. Don't be shy to explore the site " nothing is going to blow-up " if you "click " on the wrong thing. Wink

If/when you have specific questions about a maker or about a sword or sword type it will be easier to help than with an overbroad question that covers all possible sword subjects.

(Edited: Hope the above doesn't sound unfriendly because it IS friendly and welcome to the site. )

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Sun 03 Sep, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: i know         Reply with quote

Garret,
Welcome! I'd echo the advice to poke around on this site and do a lot of reading. Once you've looked around and have an idea about what's out there, then you'll have a better idea of who makes what and what your budget is. You may also have refined your ideas to a specific project or will at least have a better sense of the options.

In order to get you a good recommendation, we'd need to know roughly how much you want to spend, and more importantly, what style of weapon you're looking for. There are certain people I'd recommend for any project and some who seem to specialize in more niche products. The price ranges custom makers work in vary widely, so if you want to spend less than $1000, your choices are limited (but there are a few). If you want to spend $1000-5000, that's a different group, and $5000+ might be another. Knowing your rough price range helps us narrow down your choices. Ditto with the style of weapon. People who do Eastern products are often different than Western, etc. If you're looking for a historical weapon, I'd likely recommend different people than if you were looking for a fantasy weapon.

I think we need more info from you to make a good recommendation. Happy reading!

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > i have a question for people who know a lot of good websites
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic