Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New Item From A&A Inc. Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 24 Aug, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: New Item From A&A Inc.         Reply with quote

Arms & Armor has a new item in its line of training swords. Many customers requested a trainig sword for single handed sword play. We talked to many of them about the type of characteristics they were looking for in this type of sword and it has resulted in the #207 Scholar Sword. This steel waster have been crafted to replicate the action of swords as depicted in period manuals of fence such as I.33. These pieces have been through some rigorous testing and we hope will meet your needs for a durable single handed practice sword.

Best from A&A

Attachment: 22.6 KB
schswd207.jpg

Eric Myers

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Thu 24 Aug, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is excellent Craig, I have long commented that the WMA community needs more fencing models to practice with, and that except for rapiers, this market has been largely neglected. I applaud your efforts. Are any longer blades, mounted as spada di lato or perhaps a basket hilt in the works?
Eric Myers
Sacramento Sword School
ViaHup.com - Wiki di Scherma Italiana
Joe Fults

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Thu 24 Aug, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Cool to see new stuff hitting the market. Cool
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Pamela Muir

PostPosted: Thu 24 Aug, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: I can resist anything except temptation...         Reply with quote

Oh, no! It's attractive, too! I thought (hoped!) I wasn't going to be tempted. Dang and drat, I have to save for WMAW, but that is a very tempting sword. Cool
Pamela Muir

Founder/Lead Instructor
Academy of Chivalric Martial Arts

"I need a hero. I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong, And he's gotta be fast, And he's gotta be fresh from the fight." ~Steinman/Pitchford
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 43 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Thu 24 Aug, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I actually had just e-mailed with Sean Hayes about this very sword. He seems to really, really love it, and that's not helping my resistance in the least bit. Wink And Pamela's right, it shouldn't be so good looking, how am I supposed to not buy it? Happy
HistoricalHandcrafts.com
-Inspired by History, Crafted by Hand

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Fri 25 Aug, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hmmm. Methinks that Lady Pamela Muir and Sir William Grandy may be showing up at V.A.F. with new implements before long. Big Grin
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Pamela Muir

PostPosted: Fri 25 Aug, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve, you aren't helping! Razz I need to resist, especially since I just ordered the Paulus Kal book. Though, I know, it's probably only a matter of "when" and not "if" I order that sword. Happy Maybe, Bill will get his first and I can "borrow" it. Wink
Pamela Muir

Founder/Lead Instructor
Academy of Chivalric Martial Arts

"I need a hero. I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong, And he's gotta be fast, And he's gotta be fresh from the fight." ~Steinman/Pitchford
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 25 Aug, 2006 5:19 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Pamela Muir wrote:
Steve, you aren't helping! Razz I need to resist, especially since I just ordered the Paulus Kal book. Though, I know, it's probably only a matter of "when" and not "if" I order that sword. Happy Maybe, Bill will get his first and I can "borrow" it. Wink

I'm promising myself to hold out on more training swords until AT LEAST after WMAW. Where Craig will probably have these available and I can handle before I purchase. There, see? I'm being responsible. Happy

HistoricalHandcrafts.com

"For practice is better than artfulness. Your exercise can do well without artfulness, but artfulness is not much good without the exercise.” -anonymous 15th century fencing master, MS 3227a
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Fri 25 Aug, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bill Grandy wrote:
Pamela Muir wrote:

I'm promising myself to hold out on more training swords until AT LEAST after WMAW. Where Craig will probably have these available and I can handle before I purchase. There, see? I'm being responsible. Happy

The loudest sound in the world: People lying to themselves. Razz Wink Laughing Out Loud

Or, you could each pay half for a first one right now ! And then do the same for a second one a few months from now.

You can then share custody and have the sword sleep at your respective places alternate weeks ! Idea

If people can do this with kids why not swords Question Razz

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Fri 25 Aug, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Or, you could each pay half for a first one right now ! And then do the same for a second one a few months from now.

You can then share custody and have the sword sleep at your respective places alternate weeks ! Idea

You are SO not helping, Jean.

Razz

HistoricalHandcrafts.com

Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Fri 25 Aug, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Congrats to Craig and company for creating a splendid new item! I like how you guys are creating a new line of training swords. Happy
"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 28 Aug, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the good comments.

This piece went through a few evolutions and took a bit to get right, so we are pleased that people like it.

Yes Eric several people have inquired about that and I am working on some options for that type of thing right now. Watch this space
Wink

As a side note we can do most of the training swords with blade lengths adjusted to customers preference, some may incur a small fee if it is labor intensive but generally the cost is minimal.

I do plan to have these along at WMAW so anyone attending will get a chance to see them in hand. You are all of course invited to stop by the shop any time you get through Minneapolis as well.

Best
Craig
Kel Rekuta

PostPosted: Tue 29 Aug, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bill Grandy wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:

You are SO not helping, Jean.

Razz

Then allow me to be of further assistance... Big Grin

Sean Hayes permitted me to exercise the prototypes at Lansing. This is the best design I've seen for a safe practical steel arming sword simulater. Period. And you know I'm practically a salesman for Swordcrafts aluminum simulators. Exclamation

All I need is one more sucker at AEMMA to spring for one so I can step up my I.33 practice. Damn you Craig! Cool
Bill Grandy
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 29 Aug, 2006 9:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Kel Rekuta wrote:
Then allow me to be of further assistance... Big Grin

Sean Hayes permitted me to exercise the prototypes at Lansing. This is the best design I've seen for a safe practical steel arming sword simulater. Period. And you know I'm practically a salesman for Swordcrafts aluminum simulators. Exclamation

All I need is one more sucker at AEMMA to spring for one so I can step up my I.33 practice. Damn you Craig! Cool

Ha! Yeah, I've been bugging Sean via e-mail about this for a little while, and he's practically convinced me. Still, WMAW isn't far off, I'm doing my best to hold off at least until then... Happy

HistoricalHandcrafts.com

Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 30 Aug, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Bill Grandy wrote:
Ha! Yeah, I've been bugging Sean via e-mail about this for a little while, and he's practically convinced me. Still, WMAW isn't far off, I'm doing my best to hold off at least until then... Happy

Bill, you're setting a very bad precedent of being able to control yourself and it's very disturbing. Razz Eek!

It's like some weird BIZARRO WORLD where people can actually postpone gratification for hours or even worse " DAYS " Eek!

( Joking: Obviously. Wink )

Craig, great looking training sword(s) Cool

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > New Item From A&A Inc.
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic