Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

There must have been some Scandinavian guy who have kick the producer highest end when he pic up some blue berry in the forrest,
thats the only reason i can see for this move spread some dark light over norsemen handling over there,
anyway! i will see it as a Conan part V fantasy movie :D

Kirk Spencer!
in the trailer, check in the dragon head pommel on one of the sword's :cool:
ah man. i'm going to have so much fun talking to the public at events after this movie comes out. sigh.... they'll look at my norman outfit and go, you dont look like the movies.... arggggggggg!!!!!!!

[ Linked Image ]
http://home.armourarchive.org/members/wolf/images/conroi/SM8.jpg
[ Linked Image ]
http://home.armourarchive.org/members/wolf/images/conroi/SM27.jpg
The kit's coming along nicely Chuck. Any plans on attaching a ventail?
ya, but i really need to attach the coif fisrt. i'm waiting on materials, tiem and help :) still ahvent decided on the bib square or the other styles yet
Chuck Russell wrote:
ya, but i really need to attach the coif fisrt. i'm waiting on materials, tiem and help :) still ahvent decided on the bib square or the other styles yet

Ahh, are you wearing the coif under the hauberk? I thought it was already attached. Neat trick!
Chuck Russell wrote:
ah man. i'm going to have so much fun talking to the public at events after this movie comes out. sigh.... they'll look at my norman outfit and go, you dont look like the movies.... arggggggggg!!!!!!!

Great Work!

Substitute a round shield for the kite shield and we have a real Viking Jarl, not some idiot in a horned helmet. :)
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Chuck Russell wrote:

Ahh, are you wearing the coif under the hauberk? I thought it was already attached. Neat trick!

Patrick: Sounds like a good trick to me as it gives you the option of using it over the hauberk when you want to move your period forward a 100 years or so. Sort of not " PURE " if one wants to be as historically correct as possible, but if it fools the eye into thinking it's all in one piece ............. :wtf: :cool:

From a practical use point of view the shoulder part of the coif would be much more vulnerable to a blade slipping between the coif and the hauberk when it's over the hauberk. (?)

The thing I wonder about the coif being integral with the hauberk is comfort if the face opening is too small for the hood of the coif to be pushed back freeing the head for a bit of cooling when needed or if in a semi-ready to fight mode when travelling.

I wonder if coif underneath the hauberk might have been used in period and/or depending on what other armour might have been used at the same time i.e. an early gorget maybe worn over the hauberk with the coif under the hauberk ???
When I saw this trailer, the first thing that crossed my mind was 'why are all the Vikings on horses'? My second thought was 'Thirteenth Warrior' meets 'Arthur', in fact I'm surprised no one has compared this movie with 'Arthur' yet. At least 13th Warrior was a good movie, Arthur was absolute trash.
Michal Plezia wrote:
They are not Vikings! They are championes of Khorne from Warhammer!!!! :lol:

That's the most logical explanation I've seen yet.

Thank you. :lol:
Steven H wrote:
Michal Plezia wrote:
They are not Vikings! They are championes of Khorne from Warhammer!!!! :lol:

That's the most logical explanation I've seen yet.

Thank you. :lol:

Not enough spiky bitz, and the colors are wrong. Given the Frazetta-inspired stylings, I say they're Cimmerians invading the Pictish islands, the whole thing actually taking place in the Hyborian Age... :D
more like a bad mad max... Two men enter, one man leaves.
Somewhere online I came across a list of ways to avoid crap summer movies. The best one on the list was, "If you watch the trailer and it makes you say 'Meh...', understand that these are what the studio determined were the BEST scenes in the movie!"
If it was not for their complete ignorance id find this movie insulting. But i guess this is how history looks to people - just random killing and mindless barbarism. I just wish there was some sort of balance in what gets picked on in the mainsteam media. But lets face it, if there is anything that Hollywood loves more then a real villan its a really nordic villan - and whats more nordic then those flesheating, mace-weilding, horned Vikings....;|
Damn your eyes all of you, after reading your replies I had to go and watch the trailer to see how bad it looked, and by the looks of it,it deserves a good Viking funeral. Reminded me of a crappy film starring Lee Majors called the Norsemen I saw years ago(Horned helmed and breastplated Vikings arrive in America and beat the living snot out of the Natives etc.)Now I`ll have to watch the movie so my misery will be complete, thanks . Sean
Sean Quinn wrote:
Damn your eyes all of you, after reading your replies I had to go and watch the trailer to see how bad it looked, and by the looks of it,it deserves a good Viking funeral. Reminded me of a crappy film starring Lee Majors called the Norsemen I saw years ago(Horned helmed and breastplated Vikings arrive in America and beat the living snot out of the Natives etc.)Now I`ll have to watch the movie so my misery will be complete, thanks . Sean

I started to see that movie on cable one late night...turned the channel after only a half hour. I still wonder why I watched it that long! :-)
Sean Quinn wrote:

Is "Pathfinder" a remake of "The Norsemen" then?
PATHFINDER!!
Im looking foward to the movie! i hope it will be good.

maybe we should give it a chance and actully watch the movie, before we say how bad it is!!!

whats funnier about this, is most all who say that the trailer looks terrible, will still see the movie anyway.
Re: PATHFINDER!!
Katie Neal wrote:
Im looking foward to the movie! i hope it will be good.

maybe we should give it a chance and actully watch the movie, before we say how bad it is!!!

whats funnier about this, is most all who say that the trailer looks terrible, will still see the movie anyway.

Most of what people here have been criticizing is the a-historical aspects of costuming, etc. and the stereotyping of the cultures/races. The movie may end up being a perfectly enjoyable fantasy movie, but a historical epic it will not.
Quote:
....but a historical epic it will not.

While the movie doesn't look as if it will rate very high with most of us, in all fairness I haven't seen it being advertised as any such thing.
I never realized the native americans and the vikings were so into mascara - you'd think that would be enough for them to get along... :D

Seriously, the original Pathfinder is awesome, I'm going to go see if Netflix has it right now, to wash the taste of that trailer away.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Page 2 of 6

Jump to: