Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Wow. Some really impressive stuff there.

I'd have to say Herbert Schmidt's composition with the PJ longsword is my favourite, followed closely by Sean Flynt's border basket hilt.

All of the photos are really, really good... Some in different ways than others.
:D Hat's off to Christian Fletcher! The categories are great :cool:

My favorites so far (apart from my own of course ;) ) would have to be Nathans' Honor composition, and Chris Jones' "man in white".
There are several really great ones. I like Nathan's "chivalry" piece (though it is labled as having a Crecy in the picture, and I'm fairly certain that it is a Steward), but the two that really pull at me are Addison's Crecy with the flower resting on the hilt, and Chad's Soveriegn with the cat. In the end, the cat wound up on my desktop. I do think that picture is a little better when just slightly darker, though. Overall, there are a lot of really nice pistures that have been submitted. Next year, I'll have to try my hand at a couple.

Chad, what inspired you to combine the sword and the cat in the same picture? How did you get the cat to sit still for the picture? And, of course, what's the cat's name?

-Grey
What's the big deal about the cat?

That's no criticism of Chads photo, but a sincere question. Several people have mentioned the cat so I'd like to know why people seem to have a preference for it. The fact that I'm not a cat person (really can't stand the things) may have something to do with my perspective. Then again, I wouldn't be overly moved by a photo with a dog, parakeet, ferret, jersey cow, or your fauna of choice. On the other hand, being a former thespian the rule of "never work with small animals and children" may have had lingering effects. :D

Last edited by Patrick Kelly on Wed 16 Aug, 2006 4:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Greyson Brown wrote:
but the two that really pull at me are Addison's Crecy with the flower resting on the hilt, and Chad's Soveriegn with the cat. In the end, the cat wound up on my desktop.

Thanks; glad you like it! Chad's cat picture one is one of my favorites too, but I like the one with the sugarloaf-esque helm by MRL better...a solution: put the cat inside the helm next to the Sovereign :D
Patrick Kelly wrote:

Amen, brother.

Patrick Kelly wrote:
... Then again, I wouldn't be overly moved by a photo with a dog....

:( What? How could you not be moved by a photo with a dog? :lol:
Steve Grisetti wrote:
:( What? How could you not be moved by a photo with a dog? :lol:

Well, I am a dog lover more than anything else. I still miss my dobie and he's been dead for 5-6 years now. Still, I'm just not Mr. Warm and Fuzzy when it comes to photos of furry animals. :D

Don't get me started on small rodent dogs. :evil:
Greyson Brown wrote:
... really pull at me are Addison's Crecy with the flower resting on the hilt,..

I really like that one too. But, I hope those plants aren't what they appear to be. (Leaves of three, let it be.) :\

Beautiful pictures, Addison. I especially like the one in the moss. :cool:

Wow, some really great photography. I am so glad I'm not one of the judges! How could anyone possibly choose the best out of all of those?
I don't really know why the cat grabs my attention, just like I can't explain why I find swords so facinating; I just like them.

Addison C. de Lisle wrote:
put the cat inside the helm next to the Sovereign

I like it, it's almost an homage to Albion the Armoured Cat!

-Grey
Thanks Pamela, it's not poison ivy though...not that desperate for a good shot...well maybe I am ;)
Patrick Kelly wrote:

What I'd like to know is how did Chad get Sam (cat's name) to stay there long enough to have his picture taken with the sword! :p
Addison, I especially like your photo of the Crecy lying in that green flora, whatever it is. Green is one of my favorite colors and your photo appeals to me.
Ha! Pamela's new AT1520 picture had me laughing out loud!

Patrick, your pic with the new cutting stand is also a good one!

I've got to say, Christian Fletcher's scheme is working on me a bit too well... I keep going back to his site every day to look for new great photos... and then I start browsing the rest of his site and thinking, "You know, I could use one of those..."
The new separation into categories makes it difficult to tell when something new appears.
Bill Grandy wrote:

Thanks Bill. That's why I have more than one child! :D

I got a chuckle out of Pamelas new photo. I hate to say it but in years past I've actually done something like that.
Patrick Kelly wrote:
Bill Grandy wrote:

Thanks Bill. That's why I have more than one child! :D

Yes but the important thing is: Did you resist the temptation to make the cut after this picture was taken :eek: :p

Hmmmmmm ........... if the sword has a lot of motion blur: Time to worry !

I also like the picture by Austin Bailey of what I assume is a sword given as an anniversary gift to his wife. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Some people know no fear. :p
Jean Thibodeau wrote:

Yes but the important thing is: Did you resist the temptation to make the cut after this picture was taken :eek: :p

Yes, but I think I made him sweat a little. :D I did make his mother cut his hair after that photo was taken!
My new favorite is Kirk Spencers image of his MRL Irish ring hilt. Nice photo and the text says it all.
Kirk's needs to be proofread :)
Jean Thibodeau wrote:

I also like the picture by Austin Bailey of what I assume is a sword given as an anniversary gift to his wife. :eek: :eek: :eek:
Some people know no fear. :p

I am toying with doing a sequel to this photo:

Keep an eye out!
(I know I will) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Page 3 of 5

Jump to: