A&As Lombardy rapier
Here's Bob Burns showing off one of A&As newest additions, their Lombardy Rapier. I absolutely love this piece, if I had the funds I'd order one for myself. Thanks Bob for giving us a hands-on look!

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ]
The Lombardy is my favourite reproduction rapier on the market. It's pretty much exactly what I like in terms of aesthetics, and I like the fact that it's a later style of rapier, rather than an earlier one.

So Bob, are you just holding the rapier, or did you buy it too? ;)
Good lord, guys, I don't need MORE temptations to buy that thing! I absolutely love how it looks aesthetically... I'm both hoping and dreading to get a chance to handle one.
Bill Grandy wrote:
Good lord, guys, I don't need MORE temptations to buy that thing! I absolutely love how it looks aesthetically... I'm both hoping and dreading to get a chance to handle one.

I know what you mean. I'm not really into the rapier anymore but I love the style of this one. I think I need at least one rapier around.
I'm with Patrick on this one. I'm not normally into rapiers, but this is very nice. I'll have to check it out next time I'm at Bristol.
Yes - did Bob buy it?
Joe Fults wrote:
Yes - did Bob buy it?

Maybe NOT as he does have a rapier on a baldric already on him: But the only reason I can think of for not buying is that he has already bought too much this year. :p :eek:

Just doing a Sherlock Holmes or Monk ( A little OCD helps noticing these things. :p :lol: )

Waiting for Bob to confirm or denie having purchased this one ALSO. ;)
Unfortunately, I am not able to buy it! If it's still at the Bristol Faire, it's the only one up for sale at this time as I understand it to be. It's a real hummer that I can tell ya for sure! Oh Man is it Nice!

Bob
:lol: Jean! You are exactly correct! I hit my limit or I might be wearing it somewhere via my wife! :eek:

Bob
That's a gorgeous rapier! I've always loved how A&A wire-wraps the grips on their rapiers. :surprised:
Bob, I didn't see it on A&A's web site. You don't happen to remember how much they were asking for it. . . just for the curious. . . yeah, that's it. . . just curious. . . :D

. . . okay, fine, for the severely tempted, too :)
Jonathon Janusz wrote:
Bob, I didn't see it on A&A's web site. You don't happen to remember how much they were asking for it. . . just for the curious. . . yeah, that's it. . . just curious. . . :D

. . . okay, fine, for the severely tempted, too :)

http://www.arms-n-armor.com/rapier211.html
Thanks, Patrick :)

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: