Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

I am about to hand in my little contribution to the contest, just for the fun of it. :)
my vote goes to herbert schmits work........ bravo....
David Stokes wrote:
my vote goes to herbert schmits work........ bravo....

Yes, he is obviously someone who is not simply pointing his camera in the direction of the object (like I do :lol: ).

But, for some reason my favourite is Nathan's picture. I am not able to define why I like it, maybe it is the shade of green (Hulk likes green! ;) ).
My laptop is out for repair at the moment. My digital camera works just fine; just a matter of finding a computer to transfer the images onto. :confused:

Those pics on Christian's website are fantastic! Patrick's especially stands out in my mind. Oh, the possibilities!
Arne Focke wrote:
But, for some reason my favourite is Nathan's picture.

You know, me too. There's something about it that's very haunting.

But Pamela's cracks me up. :lol:
Many of the entries for this years contest are very nice. There seems to be a bit of thought and creativity going into them. Cool stuff!
There are some absolutely extraordinary photos submitted!

I'm also really drawn to Nathan's. It seems to tell a complete story in one shot. Wow. And Patrick's and Bill's conjure up all kinds of heroic images. :swoon:

This is really fun, I'm looking forward to seeing more. (And, by the way, I only went with silly because I can't do artistic.) :D

edited for spelling error, oops.
Some very nice pics indeed, and some hilarious ones. I entered two from this summers quality-time with my axe..
Well done, Pamela. My favotires are the three (so far) photos you have posted.
Jean, I love the picture of Pamela Muir which you photoshopped; I got a chuckle out of it! :lol:

I put up a few pictures of my Crecy.

I'm pretty sure that I've seen this photo before, or at least the same guy in the same costume from a different angle, on the Albion website around a year (maybe more) ago, at Yosemite. Was Michael Morgan the photographer for the original/the one I saw on the Albion site?
I think that there's a real improvement in content this year. A lot of artistic stuff going on.........

Personally, I kinda like three by Pamela Muir, Nathan's photo, and Chad Arnow's photo that includes the tabby......

But there's an awful lot of others that are very interesting too........
Some very nice entries this year. I wish I didn't lend my brother my camera for his holiday, I might have tried to snap a few artsie-like shots myself.

On a side note, Sean Flynt's hanger by Eljay is really stunning!!!
Addison C. de Lisle wrote:
Jean, I love the picture of Pamela Muir which you photoshopped; I got a chuckle out of it! :lol:

Thanks for the compliment: One ( ME :p ) always like getting attention. :lol:

Oh it may be obvious, as it's not photorealistic, but the armour I drew from scratch and it's not just a paste-up from various captured picture elements taken from a book illustration or something. Basically I drew the outlines with the Photoshop brush tool and shaded using the brush tool used in airbrush mode + a few special effects tools.

Pamela graciously gave me permission to use her image in the contest: I originally just did it to send to Pamela as a joke and I also thought she would like seeing herself in armour. I later thought that maybe it would also be worth sending it in to the contest.
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
I originally just did it to send to Pamela as a joke and I also thought she would like seeing herself in armour. I later thought that maybe it would also be worth sending it in to the contest.

Now I need armour! :p I very rarely say this, but, dang, I look good! :cool: :lol:
Pamela Muir wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
I originally just did it to send to Pamela as a joke and I also thought she would like seeing herself in armour. I later thought that maybe it would also be worth sending it in to the contest.

Now I need armour! :p I very rarely say this, but, dang, I look good! :cool: :lol:

Yes you do. ;) I also drew a nice waisted brigantine or fabric covered breast plate rather than a more globose type breast plate: It just seemed like something you might like that had some flattering curves but didn't " exaggerate " the curves like it would if it was drawn like a typical superhero cartoon or a Xena character.

As a general note: There are a lot of nice pictures entered and it should be very difficult to pic a winner as there should almost be separate categories like best fantasy, best humour, best product photography etc ......

A lot of great ideas and compositions: I could name a few that I like best but that might include almost all of them. :eek: :lol:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
...As a general note: There are a lot of nice pictures entered and it should be very difficult to pic a winner as there should almost be separate categories like best fantasy, best humour, best product photography etc....
Excellent idea, Jean! Maybe that would mean more prizes?
Steve Grisetti wrote:
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
...As a general note: There are a lot of nice pictures entered and it should be very difficult to pic a winner as there should almost be separate categories like best fantasy, best humour, best product photography etc....
Excellent idea, Jean! Maybe that would mean more prizes?

With enough categories we would ALL get a sword but Christian and Albion would go out of business. :p :lol:
Nathan's Chivalry picture definately has my vote so far.
I'm quite drawn to Nathan's and Michael Morgan's, though I love Patrick's pictures. I just submitted a couple photos of two of my A&A pieces; nothing fancy -- just for fun (not nearly to the scale of some of those other ones! :eek: )

It's obvious to me that swords and history aren't the only talents that some of us possess!
Seems like Christian decided to create some categories. :cool: Did I inspire this or did he have the same idea due to the large numbers of quality submissions ?

Lots of new ones to have a look at every day. :cool:
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Page 2 of 5

Jump to: