Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > my new and improved swords Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Chris Olsen

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul, 2006 2:16 pm    Post subject: my new and improved swords         Reply with quote

ever gotten a sword and giggled like a 4 year old as you held it up, swung it back and forth a couple times.. then ran outside grabbed the first cardboard box you could get to and did a bunch of cutting.. only to stand there giggling and have a wonderful time.. until your wife tells you it's 10 pm and you should come inside?

well i did.. twice.

below are my latest purchases from Arms and Armor, firstly as you can see they took my German Bastard sword and placed a Fechterspiel blade on it.. the sword lost a little less than 3/4 of a pound in weight and the point of balance is right at the quillons.. which is right where I prefer it in my "swords for using", personal opinion.

the other one is the sword i ran outside and was cutting boxes with, although it was two days later as we went to Bristol Renaissance festival and I didn't bring it with me. Cry
it is their standard Irish parts added to my older twelth century sword blade with the handle of the same sword, the result was a sword 6 inches longer than the stock Irish and a handle just shy of a normal bastard sword handle, although i can comfortable get both hands on the handle as long as i have the pommel in my left hand.. it actually made my wife go, "hmm thats nice, almost as good as mine, no go put it away before the baby sees it".. gotta love the women folk.

Attachment: 80.91 KB
[ Download ]
Bryce Felperin

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I get my new Arms and Armour sword this week too! So I'll be out cutting stuff as well, though I'll save the shipping box this time in case I ever have to ship a sword somewhere. ;-)

I've been saving up some Ice Tea jugs for future cutting that will culminate in massive juggy death in the future. :-)
Chris Olsen

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

LOL.. make the Ice tea jugs pay for their transgressions.. whatever they may be..
Max von Bargen

Reading list: 10 books

PostPosted: Mon 17 Jul, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I'm going to be getting my first Albion soon, and, having test cut and practiced with my friend's Albion, I can confidently say that I will also giggle like a 4-year old and be cutting things with it until 10 pm.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > my new and improved swords
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic