Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Christian Fletcher's newly designed website appears to be up Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Charles Adams

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jul, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Christian Fletcher's newly designed website appears to be up         Reply with quote

Heard a while back that Christian was redesigning his website to include the entire Albion line, and also to put up some new pics. I visited it this morning and discovered that it is now up and running. Just thought I would let everyone know, because the site is gorgeous and has some wonderful photos of not only Christians amazing work, but also of Atrims and Albions. Congrats Christian, I love it!

link
http://www.christianfletcher.com/Site/Welcome.html
Jean Thibodeau

Reading list: 1 book

Spotlight topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jul, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Had a look and the quality of photography is much better and more uniform as the previous version of the site had some good Picts and some not so good Picts.

As to availability I wonder if some blades no longer shown, mostly AT blades, can still be ordered even if not shown on the current version of the site.

As long as Angus is still making or willing to make the blade in question I guess.

Oh, that second would be a question for Angus as well about the sword shown on his site and others he used to make that might or might not be still available if someone where to order one. Also, if he is open to completely custom blade designs ?

I guess that would depend in part on how disruptive this would be to his regular production schedule ?

But getting back to Christian's revised site: I really like the slide show format that after one has selected a close up of one sword one can click to all the other close ups of the same sword without going back in forth to previous pages in one's browser history. Very fast and convenient and lots of interesting eye candy. Cool Cool Cool Big Grin

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jul, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Different.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Brian D. A.

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jul, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Does anyone know which Albion blade is used for the new Borderwatch?

Brian
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jul, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brian D. A. wrote:
Does anyone know which Albion blade is used for the new Borderwatch?

Brian

Since he calls it a Type XVIa, I'd guess it would be the Crecy.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Brian D. A.

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jul, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I was thinking that it was the Landgraf, but I agree, it looks more like the Crecy.

Thanks,
Brian
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jul, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Brian D. A. wrote:
I was thinking that it was the Landgraf, but I agree, it looks more like the Crecy.

Thanks,
Brian

The Landgraf/Sempach blade is a Type XVII, and the cross-section is fairly dfferent from the Crecy toward the tip. I think the Crecy blade is a good multi-purpose choice. Looks nice!

Happy

ChadA

Neil Langley

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jul, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Ohh fame at last, the Regent in the red scabbard is mine!

Neil.
Jonathon Janusz

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jul, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I agree with Chad on the new Borderwatch; it looks like a Crecy blade. It would be neat if someone could get a side-by-side handling comparison between the stock Crecy and the Borderwatch. I'm thinking that with the change in pommel, the Crecy would pick up a little quickness at the tip and lean a little further toward being a thruster than a cutter, where the stock Crecy sits in the middle of the road, possibly more on the cutting side of things. . . interesting.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jul, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jonathon Janusz wrote:
I agree with Chad on the new Borderwatch; it looks like a Crecy blade.

If it's an Albion Type XVIa blade (like the site says), it'd have to be the Crecy unless they've made a new blade. The Crecy is the only Type XVIa I'm aware of them making. Happy

Happy

ChadA

Sam Barris

PostPosted: Thu 06 Jul, 2006 4:29 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow. I already thought the stock Crecy was perfect. In Borderwatch form, it's even more drool-worthy. And I usually don't like fantasy designs. This one is definitely an exception. I also love the new pictures of the Venetian Sidesword. I really need to get home and start buying stuff. Big Grin

I think the new website is a huge improvement. Many of the old pictures just didn't do enough justice to the man's work. It's also nice to see a greater array of possible custom options displayed. Most impressive.

Pax,
Sam Barris

"Any nation that draws too great a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." —Thucydides
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Thu 06 Jul, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Weird, when I initially bring up a page I can see the pictures but then they disappear? Anyone else having a similar problem? I'm useing I.E. 6.02
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Thu 06 Jul, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
Weird, when I initially bring up a page I can see the pictures but then they disappear? Anyone else having a similar problem? I'm useing I.E. 6.02

Russ - I have I.E. 6.0.2900...., and have no problem with the images.

"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Kenton Spaulding

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Thu 06 Jul, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I love Christians new page. Easy to navigate with some really nice pictures. I think the way he puts the Albion lineup side by side with each other is great for comparing one model to the next. Has some great examples of his work, one of my favorites being the custom AT-1557...beautiful blade/guard combo, very elegant sword, that.

Kenton
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Thu 06 Jul, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I will echo Kenton's comments. I really like the new site. Easy and quick to navigate.
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Daniel C.

PostPosted: Thu 06 Jul, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Slightly Off Topic         Reply with quote

Not to get too off topic but does anyone know where I can get a Atrim "Sword of the Ranger"? It's not on Fletcher's site. Thanks in advance.
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 06 Jul, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Slightly Off Topic         Reply with quote

Daniel C. wrote:
Not to get too off topic but does anyone know where I can get a Atrim "Sword of the Ranger"? It's not on Fletcher's site. Thanks in advance.

It was a limited edition model and the run has all been sold out. You'd have to find one on the used market. The so-called "Borderwatch" sword is close.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Daniel C.

PostPosted: Fri 07 Jul, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Christian Fletcher's newly designed website appears to be up
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic