Del Tin Falchion
got my falchion today when i got home from my vacation. was in a box waiting for me.

at first glance out of the box i'd have to say i'm a lil disapointed. the blade has a slight warp to it(which i bent back) the fuller(for lack of better terms) isnt straight, hild has pox marks all over it, the handle has a dimple in the leather and the pommel has a few pox marks and the peen isnt done very well.

now this is suppsed to be one of del tins newest models. do they jsut need more time to work out the bugs? or is there service getting worse and full of hot air?

POB 4 inches from hilt
Re: Del Tin Falchion
Chuck Russell wrote:
got my falchion today when i got home from my vacation. was in a box waiting for me.

at first glance out of the box i'd have to say i'm a lil disapointed. the blade has a slight warp to it(which i bent back) the fuller(for lack of better terms) isnt straight, hild has pox marks all over it, the handle has a dimple in the leather and the pommel has a few pox marks and the peen isnt done very well.

now this is suppsed to be one of del tins newest models. do they jsut need more time to work out the bugs? or is there service getting worse and full of hot air?

POB 4 inches from hilt

Chuck -

Glad it got there, but sorry it is not what you hoped. Can you post pics?
Gordon
i will when it stops raining for 1 minute so i can use the outside light :)

has anyone else had troubles in the details on del tins before?
Chuck Russell wrote:
i will when it stops raining for 1 minute so i can use the outside light :)

has anyone else had troubles in the details on del tins before?

The casting on DT's has never been terribly clean, but I've always found the number of casting flaws to be acceptable (on the upper limit of acceptable, but acceptable). They are nowehere near as clean as Albion or A&A. Even MRL seems to get them smoother. The peen on DT swords always has a dimpled look. Albion's would too, if they didn't grind them down. :)

Check out this recent pic of a DT pommel, from the review posted today:

[ Linked Image ]

Lots of little casting flaws....
a few notes here. chad, can u redirect me to the author page again, i lost the link.

Overall length: 34.25"
Weight: pounds
Width of guard: 6 3/4"
Blade: 28 5/8" long; 1 5/8" tapering to ."
Fullers: 21 1/8" long
Grip and pommel: 6"
Point of Balance (PoB): 4" from guard

yes i just read about the casting flaws, i just know the first even i'm at i'm gonna get serious rust in these spots. now the peening on mine is much worse. i'd say a half dozen peen marks on teh pommel itself, and deep discolored ones too.
Chuck Russell wrote:
a few notes here. chad, can u redirect me to the author page again, i lost the link.

Overall length: 34.25"
Weight: pounds
Width of guard: 6 3/4"
Blade: 28 5/8" long; 1 5/8" tapering to ."
Fullers: 21 1/8" long
Grip and pommel: 6"
Point of Balance (PoB): 4" from guard

yes i just read about the casting flaws, i just know the first even i'm at i'm gonna get serious rust in these spots. now the peening on mine is much worse. i'd say a half dozen peen marks on teh pommel itself, and deep discolored ones too.

What "author page" are you talking about? As for rust, all DT's are coated with a lacquer/varnich that prevents rust unless you scrub it off.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: