Vince Evans Atlanta Blade Show projects 2006
Some really beautiful pieces this year !
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=99...uid=550150

Mac
Excellent as always.

Can't imaging they will last very long once they get there.
It looks like Dirk 1 is damascus. If anybody going to the Blade Show can get some more pictures of that it would be nice to see.
Andy Bain wrote:
It looks like Dirk 1 is damascus. If anybody going to the Blade Show can get some more pictures of that it would be nice to see.

it is pattern-welded. :) The gallery page says:

Quote:
Pattern welded blade, carved walnut, sterling silver.

I'll admit I so drawn to the pic that I failed to notice that text right away. :)
I am drawn to the "Walter Allan styled wave" basket hilt, and both of the dirks. I also find the khanjar quite beautiful. I really like the profile of the blade, echoed by the shape of the fullers, and again echoed in the scabbard. The carving of the horn grip is lovely, and the gold inlay in the blade is a great finishing touch.
I'm drawn to the simple lines of the "Ballock Dagger" with its ornate work on the ricasso area and interesting blade geometry. Stunning.

[ Linked Image ]

[ Linked Image ]
Steve Grisetti wrote:
I am drawn to the "Walter Allan styled wave" basket hilt, and both of the dirks.

Vince's wave baskethilt was inspired by this original Walter Allan of Stirling piece, LA 159, mid-18th century, which resides at the Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh.
He did an incredible job on it and despite how beautiful the inlaid baskethilt is, which kinda over shadows it, this one deserves very high praise too ! The screen is quite complex and could not have been an easy deal !

Mac

Attachment: 52.43 KB
wave MOS.jpg

Nathan Robinson wrote:
I'm drawn to the simple lines of the "Ballock Dagger" with its ornate work on the ricasso area and interesting blade geometry. Stunning.

Aye, that ballock is gorgeous!
I had my chance, but life on the homefront had to take priority *sigh*
Attached are a few of the originals at the Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh, that inspired it !

:-) Mac

Attachment: 24.47 KB
MOS 30.JPG

Could that ballock dagger be classified as a dudgeon dagger?
Chad Arnow wrote:
Could that ballock dagger be classified as a dudgeon dagger?

I would certainly say it would best be classed as a dudgeon dagger. It resembled the dudgeon daggers shown below. Note the second from the botom.

[ Linked Image ]

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: