Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Atlanta Cutlery Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Ken Rankin

PostPosted: Fri 09 Jun, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Atlanta Cutlery         Reply with quote

Hi all,

Anyone here do much business with Atlanta Cutlery? I've ordered from Museum Replicas for years and never had any problems, so when the latest AC catalog came I placed a small order. One item came right away, by UPS, no problem. There was a backorder on two knife blades, so I waited. Then I get an email from AC saying the package was shipped via UPSMI (UPS Mail Innovations) I had to look that up. Basically, the package is picked up by UPS and then turned over to the USPS for delivery. Not what I paid for, our local PO has a reputation for mis-delivery and plain losing packages. This UPSMI didn't give me any tracking info either. They said this would be faster and it has been a week already. Packages from Ga to NC do not take a week, trust me. So, I didn't know if anyone else had trouble with AC's (or UPS) shipping, or ever had this "service" deliver their packages. If this is the way they are going to deliver for now on, I will take my business elsewhere. I've been in touch with their customer service and hopefully will resolve this soon. Thanks for listening.

Ken Mad
David Martin

PostPosted: Sat 10 Jun, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I haven't ordered from Atlanta Cutlerly in a long time, but when I did, I never had any problems with them. Same with Museum Replicas.

Of course, there are always exceptions. For me, the acid test is calling Customer Service with a complaint and seeing how they deal with the issue. As you indicated, the problem might be your local postal service. We had the same problem a while back. Turned out the postal carrier wasn't delivering the mail on a regular basis and they found weeks worth of mail in his house.

Good luck!
Shae Bishop

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Sat 10 Jun, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I ordered a dirk blade and an Arkansas Toothpick blade at the end of last winter. They said the Arkansas Toothpick was out of stock and they would ship it when it got in. The dirk blade came promptly but I have yet to see the AT blade. It's been so long that I almost forgot abot it. I need to call them and ask for a refund or something.
Ken Rankin

PostPosted: Sat 10 Jun, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, I got a partial order today, and no way is it faster, I will be calling their Customer Service about that. I hope to get the other blade soon. I had an order of arrowheads from By The Sword that took a year, hope not to wait that long Worried

Ken

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Atlanta Cutlery
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic