Does this sword bag works for you?
Do you think it works? It's designed to carry European swords since there are lack of bags like this out there. Most bags were for Chinese and Japanese swords where the guard was not as wide as the European one.

[ Linked Image ]
[ Linked Image ][ Linked Image ]

I tried to reduce the weight to 650 gram each so that it reduces shipping charge. Also padded the bottom more to prevent penetrations. You know sword doesn't weigh much usually but the tip or the pommel could concentrate the force into a small area. More features listed in the URL below:

http://www.rsw.com.hk/bag.htm

It was made this way with friends and customers' feedback. So besides wanting to know if this one works in your opinion, I'm looking for more feedback to implement on the future design.

Thanks for ur time.
It looks worthwhile as is. If you were to make another version, though, the only suggestion I'd have is to make it a couple inches longer. I know I have some swords that are over 50 inches. I imagine setting them diagonally in the case will help, though.
I see. I'll take that into consideration. :)

Right now some of the longer sword's tip sticks out of the opening left open by the twin zipper.
I like Bill's idea of making it a bit bigger. Perhaps design it so that it will hold two smaller swords as easily and carefully as one large one. Maybe some small pockets for things like oil, rags, etc.
Edward Hitchens wrote:
I like Bill's idea of making it a bit bigger. Perhaps design it so that it will hold two smaller swords as easily and carefully as one large one. Maybe some small pockets for things like oil, rags, etc.

Hmm... I'll think about the idea of "holding two smaller swords" along with the length of the bag.

There are already some pockets for oil and rags though. :)
It definitely fulfills a need.

Perhaps you could have versions of differing length.
If I was going to purchase a sword bag for transporting swords from one place to another, I would look at increased padding and maybe on a two sword bag, some sort of separation between swords.

Jeff :D
I would be very interested. Considering that the group I train with usually bring more than one longsword to practice, a bag that could fit two swords with their hilts at opposite ends with straps inside to secure the swords from moving around. Also, consider the length when an owner has his sword sheathed as well. Most of the people that I train with use the rifle cases, but living in NY, I know I would not want to draw that attention to myself. Looks really good and I would be interested once my sword gets to me :)
The bag looks good, but i prefer the solution I've found:

A backpack for fishing rods I bought at a local discount store for less than 10€

It has two big fishing rod compartments, big enough to accomodate the biggest longswords ( bag lenght is 140 cm)
and several side pockets, useful for taking polishing equipment, gloves etc along.
Even with several swords, sticks etc in it, it is still quite comfortable to carry it on my bag ( as long as I don't pack those plate gauntlets close to my spine... ;-) ),

My only problem with this bag is that after about two years of use the zippers start coming apart.
Otherwise, it's the perfect sword bag ( and it does'nt give people any scares, either ).
I like my solution, I went and bought a soft sided travel bag for golf clubs, cost me about $26.00 and holds everything quite well, and the many carrying straps as well as the little wheels make moving through hallways and classrooms a breeze. just my 2 cents

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: