Considering all of this week's latest additions, please rate the quality of our efforts.
Excellent
56%
 56%  [ 29 ]
Very Good
29%
 29%  [ 15 ]
Good
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
Fair
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Poor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 51

May 29: myArmoury.com news and updates
Today's update:

[ Linked Image ]
Museum Replicas German Mace
A hands-on review by Sean Flynt

[ Linked Image ]
Arms & Armor Horseman's Axe
A hands-on review by Russ Ellis

[ Linked Image ]
Arms & Armor Warhammer
A hands-on review by Bill Grandy

[ Linked Image ]
Museum Replicas River Thames Mace
A hands-on review by Greyson Brown

[ Linked Image ]
Wallpaper: A&A Warhammer
Created by Nathan Robinson

As always, you can see our Complete History of Updates listed right from our home page.
I am glad to see some impact weapons covered here. Great job, guys!
cool to have some non-sword reviews, nice addition to the site.

Kenton
I'll echo the above comments, and add that I agree completely with Russ' review of the axe. I have one of those and it's a nasty beast.
More temptations ............. Oh NO :eek: :lol:

Good to read something about this class of weapons. I wonder how these impact weapons compare to the longer ones like the hammer side of a Pollaxe ?

All interesting pieces but I do tend to be attracted to the A & A ones just because of quality issues, but then they are a bit more costly but still affordable.

Apart from the option of getting them all I'm still not sure which one would go to the top of the list ? The spiked ball one they make has that look that is classic and shows up even in old Bugs Bunny cartoons. :p Sort of a childhood favourite. :D

Their Iberian mace does have a certain appeal due to simplicity and would be good for earlier periods ........
Hmmmmmmm....... Not expensive at all. ;)

( Edited at 4:58 local time: Just sent an E-Mail to Craig at A & A to order the Iberian mace, 99 % official now / 100% official when he replies and confirms availability and if he can ship it with a previous order. " You guys are KILLING ME " :p :lol: )
haha, that is classic, Jean. I agree, myArmoury reviews are killer. I don't have the cash to act on my whims, but everytime I look at any A&A or Albion review I am instantly attracted to whatever the weapon is. For instance, looking at the Albion site I had no interest in the Castellan, but this morning I re-read the review and, of course, started drooling, and scheming new ways to make money (and I think I actually have a good idea too!). As of today, I am craving a mace too...thanks guys :confused:

Kenton
When you're broke and you know it the reviews are not so bad! :wtf:
I would like to compliment Nathan on the wallpaper. The wallpapers he has been creating are beautiful pieces of artwork. The war hammer is now on my desktop. (I need to learn how to make the pictures change every few seconds.) :cool:

My teenager is about to walk through the door and I know he will roll his eyes and say "Another one?!"

And I like the pun in the file name on this one. :D

Very nice job Nathan! And thank you again for all of your hard work on this site. The articles, reviews and other features that come out every other week on schedule are amazing. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I would concur with everyone else, it was good see some other type of weapons. It was a bonus to see the A & A Warhammer review. I've been debating on getting one, I'm convinced now :).
good pictures
I also agree upon the former posts...

I only wished to ad, that it again strikes me how, good pictures, do make a difference...
I mean, looking upon the site of Museum Replicas and even when viewing their bigger picture there, I would never have appreciated the look of there mace as much as I do now after seeing the pictures here on myArmoury...

Good work!!
Folkert
Re: good pictures
Folkert van Wijk wrote:

I only wished to ad, that it again strikes me how, good pictures, do make a difference...

Exactly. I love swords made by Armour Class, they are wonderful, I own two of them and want and plan to purchase more, but I made a decision to commission the first one only after I had seen pictures of their hand-and-a-half, taken by Nathan. I think it would take a week maximum and not a huge lot of money to let people know better how good their works really are. Sorry Iain, I but it Is my opinion.

Konstantin
My photography services are available to any makers wishing to take advantage of them. I have many levels of quality I can produce including a professional setup in my studio and even going so far as to place them in a light tent. Much of this work could be done in a barter arrangement, offering a better bang for the buck, as it were.
Nathan Robinson wrote:
My photography services are available to any makers wishing to take advantage of them. I have many levels of quality I can produce including a professional setup in my studio and even going so far as to place them in a light tent. Much of this work could be done in a barter arrangement, offering a better bang for the buck, as it were.

I've said it before in previous topic threads, but I have often chosen to buy something after seeing a superior quality photograph on this site of something that didn't particularly attract my attention on a maker's site, were bad or simply adequate photography didn't prompt me to buy.

A dollar saved on second rate photography is ten dollars of lost sales IMHO

Drool over quality product photos is good marketing.
Quote:
I've said it before in previous topic threads, but I have often chosen to buy something after seeing a superior quality photograph on this site of something that didn't particularly attract my attention on a maker's site, were bad or simply adequate photography didn't prompt me to buy.

I completely agree with that... I've decided to buy my ATrim and my Albion after seeing pictures of them here.
Re: good pictures
Konstantin Tsvetkov wrote:
Folkert van Wijk wrote:

Exactly. I love swords made by Armour Class, they are wonderful, I own two of them and want and plan to purchase more, but I made a decision to commission the first one only after I had seen pictures of their hand-and-a-half, taken by Nathan. I think it would take a week maximum and not a huge lot of money to let people know better how good their works really are. Sorry Iain, I but it Is my opinion.

Konstantin

Hi Konstantin, if your talking about the "Armour Class Hand and Half, 16th Century Europe",
Then that's exactly how I desided upon buying mine Armour Class Hand and Half.. :lol:

Folkert
There are times when ya just have to say, "to heck with it" and go with the heavy blunt object. While I am a sword enthusiast, I've also been fascinated by the sheer menace of maces and hammers. An advantage I've noticed is that you can hit from more than a single angle (as you would have to in a bladed weapon), and still manage to do damage.
I particularly liked the German Mace. If I did not have a new Albion, and some scabbard making supplies to pay for this month, I would probably buy it now. I have book marked it.
Pamela Muir wrote:
I would like to compliment Nathan on the wallpaper. The wallpapers he has been creating are beautiful pieces of artwork. The war hammer is now on my desktop. (I need to learn how to make the pictures change every few seconds.) :cool:

My teenager is about to walk through the door and I know he will roll his eyes and say "Another one?!"

And I like the pun in the file name on this one. :D

I wondered if anyone would notice the filename :)
Nathan Robinson wrote:

I wondered if anyone would notice the filename :)

Of course I did. :) I really like a good (?) pun. :wtf: :lol:

Seriously, I've been having such fun with all the wallpapers. They are really gorgeous. (And my teen really does roll his eyes with each new one that I put on my computer.) :cool:

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: