myArmoury Photo Album Database
Over the last couple weeks, several hundred new photographs have been uploaded to our Photo Album Database. Our albums are a constantly evolving and growing entity. We strive to be the largest repository of arms and armour related imagery on the Internet.

This last week, we've started testing personal user galleries for our registered members. This is a new feature for us here that will allow individual members of myArmoury.com to host their own images within multiple personal albums. Each member having his own gallery will be able to create any number of albums, upload photos, enter descriptions and search keywords, and invite others to participate in conversations of the images. The albums can be used to host images that you wish to display on other sites, while being hosted to a highly-targeted audience.

If you haven't checked out our Photo Album Database, please take a look. Not only are there thousands of quality images, there are many, many features that are available for you, such as:

• View images as a thumbnail, a medium-sized image, or a full-sized image
  • Upload photographs to the public albums to share with all of us in the community
  • The ability to comment on each individual image and participate in a discussion right in the album database
  • Picture ratings allow you to share your opinion of each photo and bring interesting images to the attention of others
  • Email e-cards featuring any of the photos in the database with your own personal greeting
  • View a slide-show of any of the albums
  • View all the latest additions to the database with a single button ("last uploads")
  • Search the entire database for a particular image
  • And more...

More info on upgrading your myArmoury.com account to allow you to have your personal albums will be available shortly.
Thanks to Thomas McDonald, we just broke 4,000 images in our photo albums!
Nathan Robinson wrote:
Thanks to Thomas McDonald, we just broke 4,000 images in our photo albums!

4,071 to be exact!
Geez, doesn't Mac have 4,000 pics by himself?!?! ;)
If you ever need a pic, Mac will find it!
I'd like to publicly acknowledge and embarrass Stephen A. Fisher for his Contributions to the Photo Albums. By himself, he's already uploaded 330+ photos and is certainly one of our largest photo contributors!

Thanks, man.
I should be thanking you for giving me something to do with all photos I've saved over the past few years.

Today I have uploaded in my albums all 30 plates from A.V.B. Norman's The Rapier & Smallsword 1460-1820. For those do not have this book, it is an essential item for those interested in the hilt forms of the rapier & smallsword. The book is a bit pricey but worth every penny.

also added are the sketches of arms featured in Alfred Hutton's The Sword Through the Centuries & plates from 2 smallsword manuals.

new update (24 March)- all 47 plates from Angelo's The School of Fencing are up, and in color!

Thomas McDonald has also uploaded pictures from his trip to the Higgins Armoury and scans from the rare book,
The Book of the Club of True Highlanders (1881) by McIntryre North.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: