Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Anyone heard of Authentic Forgeries? Peter Farquar? Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Mathew Morris

PostPosted: Wed 10 May, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Anyone heard of Authentic Forgeries? Peter Farquar?         Reply with quote

Anyone heard of Authentic Forgeries? Peter Farquar?

ive been to the ren fair recently and a couple of people raved about his work!!! ive never heard of him, never seen him on this site i even looked up his work....i couldnt find any.

what do you guys think? how good is his stuff??

thanks guys
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Wed 10 May, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It seems like I've vaguely heard the name before, it seems like I've worked on one of his swords before. It seems like he operates in the North East someplace Vermont maybe? Where did you attend this faire? I'll have to look at my records when I get home to be sure.

As a general note like so many artisans unless they have a web prescence they often do not exist to this community. That of course does not mean that they do not exist nor that they do not do great work. We often tend to forget that our little corner of the world is not the be all and end all of even the sword world. Happy

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Lloyd Clark

PostPosted: Wed 10 May, 2006 2:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

He used to have website here: www.renaissanceinfo.com

But the link is now dead.

Cheers,

Lloyd Clark
2000 World Jousting Champion
2004 World Jousting Bronze Medalist
Swordmaster
Super Proud Husband and Father!
Mathew Morris

PostPosted: Thu 11 May, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: ahhhh         Reply with quote

i actully attended this faire in Cali, the ren faire in Irwindale to be exact.... i saw some of his work i wasnt overly impressed, but im know expert so i thought someone might know?

you may of did some work on one of his blades? what did u think? (if you can remember)
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Thu 11 May, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: ahhhh         Reply with quote

Mathew Morris wrote:
i actully attended this faire in Cali, the ren faire in Irwindale to be exact.... i saw some of his work i wasnt overly impressed, but im know expert so i thought someone might know?

you may of did some work on one of his blades? what did u think? (if you can remember)

Nuts. I forgot to look at my records last night to double check my memory. I therefore hate to say anything in case I've got the wrong guy. Let me see what I can find. The sword I worked on had a dark brown leather handle wrap that was then spirally wrapped with twisted copper wire and had a large bronze or brass pommel.... does any of that sound like what you saw?

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Charles G.

PostPosted: Thu 11 May, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Peter Farquar used to be in Long Beach, CA. Used to see him at the Long Beach Renn Faire. I do not think he does much bladework anymore.

He uses the same foundry I use for various casting projects.

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Anyone heard of Authentic Forgeries? Peter Farquar?
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic