Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Joe Fults wrote:
One of the most interesting parts of this thread, has been that only 115 people responded to the survey. Surprising the response was so very small. Talk about a niche.

Remember that this poll was taken in September, 2003, soon after the website opened. There weren't that many members yet. It has spent most of the time since then buried under a pile of threads.
I've been watching this thread as it 's popped up a few times over the past couple of months, and it's been interesting to see how tastes and desires haven't really changed much from Nathan's first question in '03. I've been waiting for some of the newer designs to come out before deciding what my next purchase would be, and couldn't decide between the Sword of St. Maurice and the Munich. SInce the first was acquired by a surprise gifting, suffice it to say that the Munich @ $1100 is the next baby on my list. There is a place on my wall just waiting for this piece of steel. :D
Roger Hooper wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:
One of the most interesting parts of this thread, has been that only 115 people responded to the survey. Surprising the response was so very small. Talk about a niche.

Remember that this poll was taken in September, 2003, soon after the website opened. There weren't that many members yet. It has spent most of the time since then buried under a pile of threads.

Then I guess a new survey would be interesting. :D
My resent purchase this two handed sword, 90$ :cool:
http://io.com.ua/img_a/00225264.jpg
My Albion "Crecy" should be arriving here in the next week or two... I'm quite anxious waiting for it! Shipped to my door it's costing me $650 USD but from all I've heard Albion's swords are among the finest made today so I didn't hesitate to order one after researching things.
Joe Fults wrote:
Roger Hooper wrote:
Joe Fults wrote:

Then I guess a new survey would be interesting. :D

This is so old it might be appropriate to "retire" the spotlight topic badge. And, as you say, it might be good for somebody to start a new poll, eh?
Well, I'm going to buy the Chevalier next, but not for a while. So I choose 750-1000. I'll be putting together a kit before I buy another sword, I think.
My next "serious" sword purchase is going to be the Arms & Armor King Edward III Sword with a bit of custom hollow grinding done to it and then on to Russ Ellis for a Trident Line Scabbard and Belt with all the trimmings, nothing held back, all out 1st class!
Next year in the late summer I turn the big "50" and this is my commemoration for making it to this ripe old age, given the fact that despite my somewhat eccentric personality no one has yet killed me! :lol:
I have had my eye on this sword for a number of years now and even if this is the only acquisition of 2007, it's all going to be done in an all out 1st class fashion no holding back on the cash.

So the price point on this sword that goes for $855.00 with the hollow grinding, could well be a few hundred more, I do not know, nor have I yet inquired of the price.

I Salute My Fellow Knights of the Sword!

Bob
After getting my first Albion (the Hospitaller) in July, I've become hooked. The Talhoffer will probably be my next acquisition, which with shipping goes for about $680, I believe. The alternative is the Hersir or Huskarl, which will put the cost in a different price range, however. It depends whether I choose to develop a late or early kit first; at any rate, I might get the Talhoffer anyway just because it will be my first truly high-quality longsword.

Regards to all,
Max
Having a sword made by Ollin http://www.ollinsworddesign.com a design partially based on the Pontirolo sword page 81
" Sword in hand " and with some features of the SoSM: Huge one hander. ;) :lol:

The quoted price being VERY reasonable for a custom sword, but I would have to ask if they mind my telling what the quoted price is before I do. ( I personally don't have an issue with mentioning the price. )

We are in the early design stages and either me or the guys at " Ollin " will start a topic on it eventually: Maybe a step by step progress report on the design and production process. ;) ( With pics from Ollin, probably. )
Bob Burns wrote:
My next "serious" sword purchase is going to be the Arms & Armor King Edward III Sword with a bit of custom hollow grinding done to it

So the price point on this sword that goes for $855.00 with the hollow grinding, could well be a few hundred more, I do not know, nor have I yet inquired of the price.
Bob

I've already got mine in the works!! :D By the way, Bob, you're right about the hollow-ground blade (as the original is), but I'm afraid any customized work (especially on an A&A Edward III) would demand a higher price tag than I can afford. But it's all good; I have revered A&A's Edward III for years. I own a few pieces by A&A and I have no doubt that this one will be worth the wait. -Ted
At this point, I have no idea what the next piece or price point will be. My last three swords were unplanned (and unbudgetted :eek: ), and the result of opportunities that I simply could not pass by (a Vince Evans, an Albion Landgraf, and an E B Erickson).
Well, I've just posted a new thread regarding which of three Arms and Armor rapiers may become my next purchase. I voted the proper bracket (I believe it will come to anywhere from $800.00 or so up to $1,000.00 depending on whether I can get the matching parrying dagger to go with the sword in the same order (which depends on selling a sword it/they will replace). Excellent and interesting question/poll!
What Steve said, right now I would say probably the $800 Castellan is the most likely candidate; however I just got a Thegn yesterday, and that was "unplanned and unbuddgetted" but too good to pass over.

Kenton
My most recent acquisition, the Albion Svante, prices in the $2900.00 range. The only custom order I currently have in-process should be around $2000.00 from Patrick Barta.
The price point is well under 200€. :D I just ordered from Sword-Gur. The sword type is J003 with a pommel of the sword type T001. I really needed a cheap secondary practise blade. We'll see in about 3 months if the sword is worth the money.
I'm looking at either the Albion Sherriff or the Yeoman. I need a good commons man-at-arms sword for my LH portrayal.
Next thing I buy would probably be a Del Tin Ballock dagger, and then a falchion by armourclass, so one purchase in the under $200 range and one in the under 500 range.
-Wilhelm
Steve Grisetti wrote:
At this point, I have no idea what the next piece or price point will be. My last three swords were unplanned (and unbudgetted :eek: ), and the result of opportunities that I simply could not pass by (a Vince Evans, an Albion Landgraf, and an E B Erickson).

Hey Steve, I missed that one, what did you pick up from Mr. Evans? Was it one of Thomas's pieces?
Russ Ellis wrote:
Steve Grisetti wrote:

Hey Steve, I missed that one, what did you pick up from Mr. Evans? Was it one of Thomas's pieces?

No, though I wish I could have had one of those, as well.
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Page 4 of 6

Jump to: