Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Looking for a Matchlock Musket Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page Previous  1, 2 
Robt Maser

PostPosted: Sun 26 Mar, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a Matchlock Musket         Reply with quote

Gordon Frye wrote:
Hey, Robert, good to see you on this list! Good place to hang out and enjoy exchanging information, and quite as civil as the Muzzleloading Forum. Maybe we can get some more good discussions going on early period firearms here!

Thank you for the warm welcome Gordon. Looking forward to some great discourse here. But first let me get this out of the way. My name is not Robert, it is Robt, pronounced like Kolb or Rolf. Most people can't pronounce it properly, Rrrowbt, roll the r and accent on the t. Its old German.
G. Scott H.

PostPosted: Sun 26 Mar, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a Matchlock Musket         Reply with quote

Robt Maser wrote:
Gordon Frye wrote:
Hey, Robert, good to see you on this list! Good place to hang out and enjoy exchanging information, and quite as civil as the Muzzleloading Forum. Maybe we can get some more good discussions going on early period firearms here!

Thank you for the warm welcome Gordon. Looking forward to some great discourse here. But first let me get this out of the way. My name is not Robert, it is Robt, pronounced like Kolb or Rolf. Most people can't pronounce it properly, Rrrowbt, roll the r and accent on the t. Its old German.

Hey, Robt, I was going to extend a simliar welcome message. It's good to see you here! Happy

Cheers,

G. Scott H.
(a.k.a. Musketeer Von Blunderbuss Laughing Out Loud )
Gordon Frye

Reading list: 15 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun 26 Mar, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for a Matchlock Musket         Reply with quote

Robt Maser wrote:

Ach, so! Robt es ist!

Noch Weiter!

Gordon

"After God, we owe our victory to our Horses"
Gonsalo Jimenez de Quesada
http://www.renaissancesoldier.com/
http://historypundit.blogspot.com/
Robt Maser

PostPosted: Mon 27 Mar, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a Matchlock Musket         Reply with quote

G. Scott H. wrote:
Hey, Robt, I was going to extend a simliar welcome message. It's good to see you here! Happy

Cheers,

G. Scott H.
(a.k.a. Musketeer Von Blunderbuss Laughing Out Loud )

Danke Schoen, Herr Musketeer! Es ist sehr gut, Sie außerdem zu sehen!
Robt Maser

PostPosted: Mon 27 Mar, 2006 3:47 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a Matchlock Musket         Reply with quote

Gordon Frye wrote:
Ach, so! Robt es ist!

Noch Weiter!

Gordon

Danke für Ihr Verständnis. Mein Deutsch ist nicht sehr gut, aber was der Teufel!

Robt
G. Scott H.

PostPosted: Mon 27 Mar, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for a Matchlock Musket         Reply with quote

Robt Maser wrote:

Danke Schoen, Herr Musketeer! Es ist sehr gut, Sie außerdem zu sehen!

Danke Schoen, Herr Maser! Happy I'm glad you mentioned John Buck. I've never heard an ill word spoken about him on the "other" Forum ( Wink ), and his prices are indeed quite reasonable. After a couple more sword purchases, I'm strongly considering one of his earlier style matchlocks.

Forum Index > Historical Arms Talk > Looking for a Matchlock Musket
Page 2 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page Previous  1, 2 All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: