Go to page 1, 2  Next

Which Albion Next Gen. Sword(s) Did You Order?
I'm curious to know who ordered which of these 18 swords.

I went kind of wild, and ended up ordering three --

The Gotland
The Castellan
The Sovereign

...and I still want to get the Viceroy. Got to hold back, don't give in to temptation, at least not yet.

Attachment: 9.23 KB
castellenj.jpg
Castellan XVa

Last edited by Roger Hooper on Tue 20 Jan, 2004 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
I ordered the Baron.

Wanted to get the Duke and the Prince also before the special pricing ran out but I didn't get it done in time so I will probably wait for a while now and see the finished pieces online, read some reviews, see what people think in the forums, kick myself for waiting....

Attachment: 8.71 KB
The Baron.jpg

Last edited by Gary Venable on Tue 20 Jan, 2004 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warswords
Ordered the two 15th cent. pretties:

1) Regent

2) Viceroy
I ordered the Regent.

[ Linked Image ]
The Landgraf and the Sovreign. Fought off the temptation for the Viceroy and the Regent. I wanted to go with swords that are both very unique in the market as well as swords that complement fencing in the Liechtanaur tradition.
I ordered the Baron and the Viceroy :cool:

I like the mix of blade types and hilts.

Sure wish I could afford one of the single handers too :cry:
I ordered the Sovereign.

[ Linked Image ]

They told me I was the sixth or seventh person who reserved one
Clontarf
[ Linked Image ]

Regent
[ Linked Image ]

Duke
[ Linked Image ]
When I asked him, Mike Sigman told me that the most popular models so far are the Regent, the Sovereign, and the Viceroy.
I'm a Regent and Sovereign guy. I don't know what number I am...
I got the Viceroy. I was sorely tempted to get the Regent and the sovereign but as I have the Brescia and the Solingen on order common sense (and the fact that I am now quite poor :D ) won out!
I ordered a Duke. There are several others I like as well, but decided to be fiscally responsible for a change and only get the one.
Ordered and received a Gaddhjalt. Put deposits on Knight and Baron. If I had the dough I'd also order a Norman, Sovreign, and Landgraf. That doesn't even touch on the next batch of models like the Claymore. D'oh!

Brian M
I've got a Vinland on order, which just might be showing up by the end of the month, maybe.

While it's not in the Next Gen line I also have a Brescia Spadona with scabbard, on order. Its delivery time is anyones guess.
Considering that the high-end of the NG line is verging on Museum Line money, I'm also taking a second look at the Museum Line. I like Tritonia the most, but I probably will wait till the next batch of NGs and the next batch of Museums are unveiled before deciding where my rather limited coin goes.

Brian M
:cool: The Landgraf! :cool:
[ Linked Image ]
Robert Zamoida wrote:
:cool: The Landgraf! :cool:
[ Linked Image ]

me too!
I have ordered the Norman as I love swords of the early medieval period and especially type Xa's. This will fill an excellent space in my small collection.
Regent.

Although I really like the Landgraf, Knight, and new Guard on the Prince.
I ordered the Squire and according to Mike, my Vinland is on its way!!!!!

I'm kind of surprised that I haven't seen more people order either the Squire or its more expensive brother, the Prince. I don't think there's anything like the Squire/Prince on the market. I reserved mine as soon as I saw it because it was EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Also, does anybody know which is the least popular model? I'm betting it's either the Norman or the Templar, simply because the there are a lot of similar choices out there in today's market. Not to belittle anybody's choices -- the NG Norman or Templar will be the finest examples of each of these types of swords. It's just that there is definite competition for these blades, as opposed to swords like the Sovereign or the Viceroy. Any thoughts?

--Steve[/b]

Attachment: 5.06 KB
smTYPXVI.jpg
The Squire

Attachment: 7.44 KB
smvinland.jpg
The Vinland
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: