Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Special Deal and some New Custom things at A&A for 2006 Reply to topic
This is a standard topic Go to page 1, 2  Next 
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

Reading list: 20 books

Spotlight topics: 1

Feedback score: 100%
(1 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Mon 30 Jan, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Special Deal and some New Custom things at A&A for 2006         Reply with quote

2006 Arms & Armor - a Great Deal and Pole Arms

Arms and Armor hopes you have found 2006 agreeable so far. For our part it has been busy, a bit challenging (when the water pipe broke) and strange (nearly 50 degrees the other day in Minneapolis), not your normal January. But as we have not had to shovel as much we are catching up on some of our back log and striving to make each piece something special.

There are some new items in our custom section, can you say "Pole Arms". There are some really nice things here, we almost did not send them out as we liked them so much.

Take notice as we start a new program featuring a Highlight Item each month, an item with a special price and quick delivery. See the details on our ARMS & ARMOR News page on the website. Take care if you are weak on the instant gratification side of things. Eek!

We will also be keeping up on our "Ready to Ship List" as several customers have requested it be a feature on our news page.

We hope all are well and look forward to helping you in 2006 Happy
Thomas Hoogendam

Reading list: 8 books

Feedback score: None
PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Great new polearms Craig!! I especially like those two glaives.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Let's see how much gushing can I do here...

First Craig let me say that you guys did an outstanding job with those custom pole arms! Is there any inclination to add any of them to the standard product line? The Vouge for instance... ahem... Blush

As for the highlighted item... now I know you guys are trying to bankrupt me. First I could never resist a deal and then then secondly this falls right in line with my collecting goals. Fortunately for my checking account I already own a Schloss Erbach but I expect to be ordering several something or others this year now...

TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Joe Fults

(6 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Nice update...and I finaly got something that I own into your custom section!!! Big Grin Big Grin
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
Tim Lison

Reading list: 6 books

(11 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Wow! Those polearms are great! I also love the idea of the spotlight item.....and the in stock page!
Sean Flynt

Reading list: 13 books

Spotlight topics: 7

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Lovely new arms, folks! It's great to see a top manufacturer investing in these weapons.
I used exactly the same material for my tassles! By the way, if you cut each loop at the end and separate the strands, you get more volume with less material and something pretty close to the look of original tassles. I've taken a hard look at all of the original tassles I can find, and it seems they were sometimes made exactly as we're making them. I use domed brass tacks around the "collar", which also seems to have been common.

-Sean

Author of the Little Hammer novel

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Hammer-Sean-Flynt/dp/B08XN7HZ82/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=little+hammer+book&qid=1627482034&sr=8-1
Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Wed 01 Feb, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig

I agree that those are fine looking polearms. I love your plan for the Highlight Items. The slightly uncertain "...approximately each month..." timing sounds like a great idea to bring additional traffic to your site. I know that I will be checking often (though I am tapped out at the moment).

"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Jean Thibodeau

PostPosted: Wed 01 Feb, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig;

Good to see the other Pollarms you have been working on they look real good.

The highlighted items is a great idea and at some point what I want will appear at the same time that money will be available.
Wink Laughing Out Loud

The list of what is available for immediate delivery is something else I will have to consult every couple of weeks or so.

You can easily give up your freedom. You have to fight hard to get it back!
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Wed 01 Feb, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Craig,

Those polearms are fantastic! Also, I love the idea of the 'Highlight' items. I'll definitely be on the lookout for such items. A&A has a couple swords that I've been coveting for several years now and if I see them as Highlight items, I'll likely snatch one up. Cool I'll wait and see what's next since I already have a Schloss Erbach (the old-school one, ca. 2000). I can't stop looking at those polearms! -Ted

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Thu 02 Feb, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Hi Craig,

I love each one of those new polearms, the halberd is a most menacing looking weapon as are the glaives. The featured item is an excellent idea, having the German Bastard Sword, Durer Bastard Sword and the English Longsword, the Durer arrival just a week or so ago and the Irish Sword arriving tomorrow, I will pass on the Schloss Erbach. Laughing Out Loud As of tomorrow I will have 3 of your hand and a half swords and 3 single hand swords and the Italian 3 Ring Rapier. Plus numerous other items. Big Grin

I know I am going to want either the Italian Bill or one of the new polearms to go with the 12th Century Spear and the Danish War Axe. Oh Boy is this Addicting! Eek! Laughing Out Loud

Bob
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Update -update         Reply with quote

Hello Guys

Thank you for all the kind words and comments. We aim to please Happy

Russ yes you may see one of the polearms shift into production. There has been a lot of interest in the Vouge. I am a bit leary of putting something we hand forge into the regular line as a bit of variation occurs on such items but if that is stated in the description I would expect most customers would be accepting. We strive to have things very close to those pictured on the web as it is important for the customer to have confidence when they purchase from a picture. The price on the Vouge is pretty reasonable as well so the production model would not decrease that by much.

The tassels are one of those elements that pole arm appreciators like but usually the average customer is not interested in. I will try your suggestion Sean. Thanks for that. It is interesting how efficient and effective these weapons are. We have been doing pole arms for years, mostly for ourselves as there have been times were I have carried a finished pole arm in the rack for over a year. The public, say at a Ren Fair are rarely drawn to them. Those that like them the most tend to be WMA types and reinactors.

Just wanted to post as well that to clean up the travel on the web site a bit we have the Ready to Ship List on its own page linked from the front page and you can book mark it and check anytime you like.

Best to All
Craig
Allen W

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I am a little confused Craig, I thought all of your stuff was hand forged.
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

Reading list: 231 books

Spotlight topics: 15

(10 total ▮ 100% positive)
PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Allen W wrote:
I am a little confused Craig, I thought all of your stuff was hand forged.

The majority of A&A's items are made mainly by stock removal.

See here for info: http://www.arms-n-armor.com/faq.html#02

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Allen W

PostPosted: Fri 03 Feb, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Chad. All clear.
Michael R. Black

PostPosted: Wed 01 Mar, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Okay, it is the first! Yay! Yay! YAY!!!!

I've checked your site several times today with shaking fingers and laboured breathing. I either have to see a new item for sale soon, or enroll myself in some sort of stalkers anonymous program.

Regards, Michael
Addison C. de Lisle

PostPosted: Wed 01 Mar, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I absolutely love the pole-arms! I hope you add them to your catalogue Happy
Craig Johnson
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 01 Mar, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Hey Guys         Reply with quote

Hi Michael

The highlight item will adjust soon just not tonight. Its been a hectic month for us and we want to make sure we have the highlight items ready to go before the offer is out. We have a tendency to work on the when its ready schedule as opposed to what the calender says.

Addison I would expect the pole arm to adjust in the relatively near future.

Best
Craig
Michael R. Black

PostPosted: Wed 01 Mar, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

No problem. Hope I didin't come across as pushy. I am just excited about this new rotating sale item every month. It will be a nice excuse for me to keep frequenting your site (not that I really needed one before).

By the way, I also really love those pole arms. Getting one or more into production would be great.

Regards, Michael
Kenton Spaulding

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Wed 01 Mar, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I agree that the highlighted item is a great idea. Hopefully I have some cash on hand if the English Longsword comes up. If not, I could be convinced on a couple of others too...

Is this highlighted item deal for swords, or will pole arms and axes and such be included also? I really have my eye on the Danish War axe.
Roger Hooper

Spotlight topics: 4

PostPosted: Fri 03 Mar, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

And the highlighted item for March is......................................The Spiked Flail

http://www.arms-n-armor.com/news.html

Forum Index > Makers and Manufacturers Talk > Special Deal and some New Custom things at A&A for 2006
Page 1 of 2 Reply to topic
Go to page 1, 2  Next All times are GMT - 8 Hours

View previous topic :: View next topic
Jump to: