Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Well thanks Stephen that was an awfully nice thing to say. Stephen didn't mention it but he was nice enough to let me handle his new Vince Evans sword at the time too before he carted it off.
Ya know .... In all the years on the boards I dont recall ever seeing a pic of Russ !

So come on Russ, show us your pearly whites *g* Mac
Blahahaha what and give away my secret identity? I didn't want to tell you guys but.... I'M BATMAN... want to be my sidekick? I think there's probably only a handful of people that can identify me by sight, Craig Appleton, Stephen Hahn, David Stokes, Rick Barrett and Vince Evans I think that's about it. Although Kevin Cashen and Daniel Watson might recognize me. :) That's okay though, I'm not all that much to look at. :) The anonymity is useful at shows though because you can sneak up on people. :) We will have to set up a meeting spot for everyone at Blade and you can decide how photogenic I am then... :)
Pooh-ey ..... excuses, excuses !

If I can post this mugg about the net , beared knees & all ( amoung other things ;-) I think anyone can !

[ Linked Image ]

Mac
Just came online to check in before I hit the road for Vegas.

What's this now? Russ Ellis recalcitrant about posting his own photo? Well, I suppose I can respect that. I will say, however, that I was somewhat taken aback when I met Russ last year. He appears uncommonly young for someone which his credentials. Yep, that's a compliment.

As for those whose mugs we see on regular basis, such as Sergeant Mac, Patrick Kelly, et al, I do look forward to the day we all can meet up and take swords and other things over...well, let's say coffee (one never knows who might be reading these posts).

I'll be sure to report back on the LVCKS and the Antique Arms Show when I return.
LOL good point! I'll see what I can do
:) Thanks Stephen, it's part of why my picture has stayed out of circulation, I don't know if people would trust me with their projects if they didn't think I'm this grizzled old scabbard maker.
Latest Update
...to recap:

January 21-23: Las Vegas Classic Knife Show. Vince bring the Viking to the show; let's me look at it, handle it, etc.; enters the sword for judging; wins Best Sword category; takes the sword back to Arizona after the show (GAAAAAH!!) because he did not finish the scabbard.

I leave Vince with some specific instructions in re: the scabbard (being the choosy, nitpicky bastard that I am) with these words: Do whatever you think is best.

I know, i know, I can be SUCH a demanding guy.

Latest emailed photo from Vince.

This "shutting my mouth and letting the Man do his thing" is working beautifully.

Attachment: 57.59 KB
SHan Viking 5.JPG

Incredible ...... what a beautiful, beautiful, piece !

The scabbard was certainly worth the pain of seperation *g*

Yer a lucky lad, Stephen ! Congrats , Mac
I love the detail work on the scabbard Stephen. What a beautiful ensemble.
Thank you, Gentlemen, for the kind words.

I will be taking possession this Saturday, so I'll be able to make a detailed report some time after that.

Stay tuned.

:cool:
Stephen...very nice addition.
Stephen S. Han wrote:
Thank you, Gentlemen, for the kind words.

I will be taking possession this Saturday, so I'll be able to make a detailed report some time after that.

Stay tuned.

:cool:

Stephen,

I need to know the exact time and place of the transfer. I need to hire a *cleaner* to take care of something :evil:
Quote:
Stephen,
I need to know the exact time and place of the transfer. I need to hire a *cleaner* to take care of something :evil:

Yes, Stephn ....
And you might as well bring the rest of your VE's , that way they all get a good "cleaning" !

:-# evil laugh , Mac
Patrick Kelly wrote:

Stephen,

I'll be sure to email you the details. I always wanted to meet Harvey Keitel. ;)
Hi Stephen

Well .... were waiting !

Stats ... pics .... drool ...... let's have it, laddie !

You've had enough time alone with it *g* Mac

Attachment: 57.59 KB
SHan Viking 5.JPG

Thomas McDonald wrote:
Hi Stephen

Well .... were waiting !

Stats ... pics .... drool ...... let's have it, laddie !

You've had enough time alone with it *g* Mac

My apologies, ladies and gentlemen. Quite absentminded of me. Let the fact that I've recently begun courtship of an attractive young lady be my excuse. Thanks for the reminder Sgt. Mac. What would we do without you.

The batteries on my digital camera needs replacing, so I'll have to post new pics later. However, I did get out my tape measure and calipers.

Blade Length: 29 inches

Blade Width: 1.82" @ guard tapers to 1" about 2" from tip

Blade Thickness: .3" distal taper to .2" @ 2" from tip

Fuller Width: .7" tapering to a point @ 2" from tip

Guard: 4.85" tip to tip/ .82" wide x .68" thick

Pommel: 3.86" x 2" x 1"

Grip: 3" long x 1.2" wide

POB: 4.5" from guard

COP: about 9" from tip

Weight: 3 pounds 3 ounces

Weight of scabbard: 10.9 ounces
Hi Stephen

Thank you !

I hope you have small hands, as a 3"inch grip sounds kinda painful *g*
(no wonder them Vikings rode the pommels :-)

I look forward to your photos ..... make sure you get a good closeup of the scabbards fittings,too, as they are amazing !

Have fun, Mac
Update and Photos
Hi all,

My apologies for being such a lazy so-and-so. Did get to the store, remembered to get some AA batteries and now my digital camera was loaded.

To answer your question, Mac, indeed I do have small hands and the Viking fits quite well, thanks for asking. :D

Now onto the pictures.

Attachment: 26.95 KB
inhand.jpg

Another view of sword in hand.

Attachment: 27.97 KB
inhand2.JPG

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Page 3 of 4

Jump to: