The last (GIANT) full measure of devotion !
For some reason the brother that gave me this thought it would be funny !

You can fold this baby up till the cows come home but it still feels a wee bit cumbersome !

;-) Crazy, Mac
That's a lot of knife there, Mac! I'd hate to think what that thing would do if actually placed in a pocket.

-Grey

P.S. I do like drop-points, so it does have that going for it, I guess.
Could you give us some stats on that baby? PoB, CoP, etc...

I like it,

Kenton
Forget the stats, I want to see some tatami cutting with this baby! :lol:
That's not a knife! This is a ... oh never mind... :)
The world will little note, nor long remember what I say here, but since you asked ..... ;-) Mac

Stats
Weight: 1 lb. 9 oz. (715 g)
POB: 2- 1/4" back into the handle from blade (just beyond the coin).
OL: 17-1/8"
BL: 7 1/2"
BW: 2-3/16"
BT: 1/8"
Cutting edge: 6-1/4"
Handle width: 2-1/2"
Handle width (when folded): 3-1/2"
Handle Thick: 3/4"

Last edited by Thomas McDonald on Thu 16 Feb, 2006 1:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kenton Spaulding wrote:
Could you give us some stats on that baby? PoB, CoP, etc...

I'll bet that blade is too thick to get a good CoP :D . And it looks like there is enough metal in that handle to inspire a negative number for the PoB :eek: (we usually list distance from hilt and just assume it is "blade-ward" (don't even get me started on whether that is a real word, I'm having too much fun with this thread); this one could mess that all up).

Bill Grandy wrote:
Forget the stats, I want to see some tatami cutting with this baby!

Here, here!! I'll settle for pool noodles or milk jugs, but I want to see some cutting with your collectors' edition, best-if-kept-in-pristine-condition knife! :p

Russ Ellis wrote:
That's not a knife! This is a ... oh never mind...

'cause we all know that whatever you produce to highlight the end of that statement will only result in laughter.... :D

Mac, tell us, does it have it's own vitrine (I finally bothered to look that word up, so I have to use it) yet? Oh, and I have to know which is bigger, that knife folded or your keyboard? :lol:

-Grey
Greyson Brown wrote:
I'll bet that blade is too thick to get a good CoP :D . And it looks like there is enough metal in that handle to inspire a negative number for the PoB :eek:
Mac, tell us, does it have it's own vitrine (I finally bothered to look that word up, so I have to use it) yet? Oh, and I have to know which is bigger, that knife folded or your keyboard? :lol: -Grey

Goodness, Greyson, your good .... I'm beginning to think you have one of these :-)
Aye, the POB is indeed back in the handle (stats in my last post)

Come clean now, there is no shame in owning Giant Gettysburg folders ;-) Mac

Attachment: 57.12 KB
The Giant Folder of Gettysburg display 002.jpg

Thomas McDonald wrote:
Greyson Brown wrote:

I'll bet that blade is too thick to get a good CoP . And it looks like there is enough metal in that handle to inspire a negative number for the PoB
Mac, tell us, does it have it's own vitrine (I finally bothered to look that word up, so I have to use it) yet? Oh, and I have to know which is bigger, that knife folded or your keyboard? -Grey

Goodness, Greyson, your good .... I'm beginning to think you have one of these :-)
Aye, the POB is indeed back in the handle (stats in my last post)

Come clean now, there is no shame in owning Giant Gettysburg folders ;-) Mac

LOL! I'm an imagery analyst; it's my job to look at pictures and extract usable information from them.

Well, the knife open out-does your keyboard by just a touch, doesn't it? That's a lot of knife. And, no, I don't own one of those, but I almost wish I did so we could start some kind of exclusive Giant Gettysburg folders owners club. Then we'd really be cooler than everyone else (or something). :cool:

-Grey
I'm waiting for the next Giant Gettysburg round table event to be held in the northeast, so I can pick one up on discount.

Kenton
Wow! That thing's impressive, Mac. Is it proportionally difficult to open and close? I would imagine a lockback of that size could really help build some muscles.
Good grief! What a monster!!
Did you have to buy bigger pants to carry it? :lol:
Mac,

You might want to pick this baby up for the other pocket to help keep your balance! :lol:

It's a 1900's German 100 blade pocket knife. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Attachment: 43.36 KB
k63.jpg

Mac;

What I want to see is this guy's, with really big hands, 1911 automatic in 4.5 " calibre. :p

Something that one sometimes reads about in badly written novels where someone goofed with a decimal point. :lol:
:D "It's my knife!" :D
[ Linked Image ]
Jay Barron wrote:
Wow! That thing's impressive, Mac. Is it proportionally difficult to open and close? I would imagine a lockback of that size could really help build some muscles.

Hi Jay

It's actually quite easy to open & close (though it definately requires both hands) so I'd say its size is kinda misleading in that respect !
The biggest workout with this thing is in trying to explain why you own it !

;-) Mac

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: