Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > '06 Atlanta Blade Show Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Edward Hitchens

Reading list: 9 books

PostPosted: Tue 14 Feb, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject: '06 Atlanta Blade Show         Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd give a friendly heads-up about the 2006 Atlanta Blade Show. It's gonna run June 16 to June 18 at the Cobb Galeria Centre and Renaissance Waverly Hotel in downtown Atlanta, GA. There's a link on Albion's website. I hope to make it this year. Anyone else planning on going? -Ted

PS: Happy Valentine's Day! Wink

"The whole art of government consists in the art of being honest." Thomas Jefferson
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Tue 14 Feb, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

It's a little later in June than the last 2 years. I've gone the last 2 years and had a great time. I wasn't really planning on going this year, though if my schedule is clear I may head there for Saturday and Sunday. I don't know that I'll do the noon on Friday through noon on Sunday thing. If Albion has some new models out by then, I might be more intrigued. Also, Gus may be going and I'd love a chance to meet him and see his recent stuff in person. I guess we'll see.

On a side note, I expect my liver to be recovered by then from all the drinking I did with Harlan, Mike, Nathan, Patrick, and Aaron at last year's event. Happy I think the earliest I went to bed any night last year was 3:00 am.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

Reading list: 42 books

PostPosted: Tue 14 Feb, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I will be there 5th year in a row.
TRITONWORKS Custom Scabbards
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Tue 14 Feb, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Still up in the air.

Might end up taking a new position. Might end up taking a new position that will take me out of the country for a while. Might be that nothing changes. Don't know.

"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd
William Goodwin

Reading list: 20 books

PostPosted: Tue 14 Feb, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Went in 2004...had a blast. Missed going last year, so may make a valiant attempt this time around.
Still a bit up in the air.

Cheers,

Bill

Roanoke Sword Guilde

roanokeswordguilde@live.com
"I was born for this" - Joan of Arc
Darwin Todd

PostPosted: Tue 14 Feb, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I will be there. This might be my fith show as well. By the way, did anyone hear that Bill Moran had died?
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 14 Feb, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Darwin Todd wrote:
I will be there. This might be my fith show as well. By the way, did anyone hear that Bill Moran had died?

Yes, a somewhat contreversial figure or so I hear, but also from what I understand one of the greats in the field of knifemaking and responsible for the resurgence at least in part of American Knife making.

Steve Grisetti

Reading list: 28 books

PostPosted: Tue 14 Mar, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I originally did not plan to attend the Blade Show this year. However, I was talking with another forumite yesterday, and he recommended that I reconsider, so I went to check my calendar. The (2 week?) shift in schedule from last year may be a case of serendipity Big Grin . My wife and younger son have just scheduled a two week backpacking trek in the mountains of New Mexico, and their trip just happens to span the Blade Show weekend Big Grin .

Any updates on plans of other forumites?

"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 14 Mar, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve Grisetti wrote:
I originally did not plan to attend the Blade Show this year. However, I was talking with another forumite yesterday, and he recommended that I reconsider, so I went to check my calendar. The (2 week?) shift in schedule from last year may be a case of serendipity Big Grin . My wife and younger son have just scheduled a two week backpacking trek in the mountains of New Mexico, and their trip just happens to span the Blade Show weekend Big Grin .

Any updates on plans of other forumites?

They are going to go get blisters in New Mexico and you get to go to Blade? Sounds like someone got the better end of that deal. Happy All kidding aside I love backpacking but would never skip Blade for it. Glad you can make it Steve.

Steve Grisetti

PostPosted: Tue 14 Mar, 2006 4:57 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Russ Ellis wrote:
...They are going to go get blisters in New Mexico and you get to go to Blade? Sounds like someone got the better end of that deal. Happy All kidding aside I love backpacking but would never skip Blade for it. Glad you can make it Steve.
Actually, Russ, they are going to the Philmont Boy Scout Ranch in Cimarron, NM. That is 140,000 acres of mountain nirvana for scouters. I was out there, myself, last summer and loved it. I was doing day hikes, and COPE course, etc. I don't care for a 12 day backcountry trek without a shower, which is what THEY are going to do. Nevertheless, they think that THEY have the better end of the deal Laughing Out Loud. And they might be right, because I would have a tough time at Blade - I won't be able to buy anything, since I have already spent about three years of sword budget this year!
"...dismount thy tuck, be yare in thy preparation, for thy assailant is quick, skilful, and deadly."
- Sir Toby Belch
John Gage
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Tue 14 Mar, 2006 5:26 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I will be sharing a table with Rick Barrett and am very much looking forward to being there.
Russ Ellis
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Wed 15 Mar, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

John Gage wrote:
I will be sharing a table with Rick Barrett and am very much looking forward to being there.

Oh really? That's good to hear. I'll get a chance to meet you then, I invariably wander over and talk to Rick a bit.

Steve Grisetti

PostPosted: Sat 01 Apr, 2006 5:14 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, folks, I will very much appreciate it if anyone can PLEASE HELP ME with the infernal links to the Atlanta Blade Show. I am having exactly, PRECISELY the same trouble as last year!!

Steve Grisetti wrote:
I have tried to use this link several times to find out details about the blade show. The links on their site seem to be almost random, and I keep finding myself on pages covering baseball cards and whatever else OTHER THAN blades!! Is anyone else having similar trouble?

Steve Grisetti wrote:
Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom wrote:
it works for me, try this one Steve
http://www.collect.com/gunsknives/default.asp

Thanks, but that link doesn't help me, either. The first time I tried it, it took me to a page with the headline "Entire Paul Simon Warner solo catalog reissued". I tried the link again, and it took me to a different page, with the headline "A Wonderful 1941 Packard Woodie". These are both Krause Publications Collect.com pages, just not the one for the Blade Show. I guess it must be something strange with my browser??...

Steve Grisetti wrote:
Chad Arnow wrote:
Try this:
www.bladeshow.com
It forwards to the correct place.

Thanks, Chad. Unfortunately, this link takes me right back to the 1941 Packard Woodie! WTF?! !! Like I said, it must be my browser.

I am even ending up on the same, incorrect, webpages as last year!! If any of you, who can actually get to the correct page, will be kind enough to PM or email me (at sdgrisetti@aol.com) the information about the show, that will be a huge help! Thanks!

{PLEASE INSERT PRIMAL SCREAM AT THIS POINT}

- Sir Toby Belch
Mike West

PostPosted: Sat 01 Apr, 2006 6:01 pm    Post subject: What's the blade show like?         Reply with quote

Is it for show, or retail as well? I'd imagine that all of the companies, smiths, cutlers are there to show their stuff, but is there much to buy, flee market style?

Interesting that the group I belong too, the Swordplay Alliance, will be doing a demo of our fighting style. I wonder if other groups are invited to do the same?

All, in all, it sounds interesting.
Steve Grisetti

PostPosted: Sat 01 Apr, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the blade show like?         Reply with quote

Mike West wrote:
Is it for show, or retail as well? I'd imagine that all of the companies, smiths, cutlers are there to show their stuff, but is there much to buy, flee market style?....
From past reports, I believe that there will be many exhibited items, and they will be for sale. But I haven't actually been there before, and I can't get to the @#!!%$*#&^@&#& webpage.
- Sir Toby Belch
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Sat 01 Apr, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is all I could find: http://www.collect.com/shows/article.asp?id=24
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Joe Fults

PostPosted: Sat 01 Apr, 2006 10:43 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

There is stuff for sale that is pretty varied. Although some well regarded people tend to sell what they have on hand very quickly every year.
"The goal shouldn’t be to avoid being evil; it should be to actively do good." - Danah Boyd

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > '06 Atlanta Blade Show
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic