Considering all of this week's latest additions, please rate the quality of our efforts.
Excellent
83%
 83%  [ 40 ]
Very Good
16%
 16%  [ 8 ]
Good
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Fair
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Poor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 48

Feb 6: myArmoury.com news and updates
Today's update:

[ Linked Image ]
Spotlight: The Rondel Dagger
An article by Alexi Goranov

[ Linked Image ]
Arms & Armor Rondel Dagger
A hands-on review by Alexi Goranov

[ Linked Image ]
Del Tin 2156 Rondel Dagger
A hands-on review by Bill Grandy

[ Linked Image ]
Museum Replicas English Rondel Dagger
A hands-on review by Mark Mattimore

[ Linked Image ]
Wallpaper: Del Tin Rondel Daggers
Created by Nathan Robinson

As always, you can see our Complete History of Updates listed right from our home page.
Just perfect.I need a rondel dagger..I desire it ...I love rondel daggers.... these articles came just in time.
Great update ! I love rondel daggers too. It's just too bad (or too good, depending the point of view) I just sold mine.
By the way, on the Arms&Armor site they say that their rondel dagger is dating from c.1379 and has been depicted in a painting by Altichino. Does anyone have a picture of this painting?

Cheers,

David
David Etienne wrote:
Great update ! I love rondel daggers too. It's just too bad (or too good, depending the point of view) I just sold mine.
By the way, on the Arms&Armor site they say that their rondel dagger is dating from c.1379 and has been depicted in a painting by Altichino. Does anyone have a picture of this painting?

Cheers,

David

Actually I think the name is "altichiero da zevio" . He may have been called Altichino. I asked Craig Johnson form A&A for that image but he could not find it at the time.

Here is a link to some of the Altichiero's work spanning 1330 to 1390. There are quite a few weapons depicted so i may have missed the dagger.

Alexi
Awesome!
Rondels are my absolute favourites. Simple and beautiful design, very gothic if you ask me. The two rondels allow for an extremely tight grip, especially if you want to force the blade through your opponent's mail-shirt :cool:
Thx a lot for this great row of updates :)
Nice job on the article Alexi. You've settled it, I've kicked around the idea of a rondel from A&A for several months now. You pushed me over the edge and it will be my next weapon purchase.
This comes just in time for my first knife-making class! I've been very interested in rondell's for a few months now; this update is great!
Excellent articles!
I'm just floored with the handle of the Arms & Armour Rondel *drool*
Alexi Goranov wrote:

Actually I think the name is "altichiero da zevio" . He may have been called Altichino. I asked Craig Johnson form A&A for that image but he could not find it at the time.

Here is a link to some of the Altichiero's work spanning 1330 to 1390. There are quite a few weapons depicted so i may have missed the dagger.

Alexi

Thanks a lot, Alexi ! This is highly interesting.

Cheers,

David
Great articles, now I have just to restrain myself from buying the A & A Rondel for a couple of months: I have been a bad boy and have been spending spending spending just a little to fast. ( Not stopping: Just have to slooooooooow down. :p )
Jean Thibodeau wrote:
Great articles, now I have just to restrain myself from buying the A & A Rondel for a couple of months: I have been a bad boy and have been spending spending spending just a little to fast. ( Not stopping: Just have to slooooooooow down. :p )

:lol: You too! Though most of my spending lately has been on safety equipment. Anyways, back to the real topic at hand *drool.*
I'd like to welcome Mark Mattimore as a new a contributing author for us!
Nathan Robinson wrote:

Mark did a nice job. I'm looking forward to future publications of his. Thanks Mark!
Chad Arnow wrote:
Nathan Robinson wrote:

Mark did a nice job. I'm looking forward to future publications of his. Thanks Mark!

Thanks guys. I've really enjoyed it. I'm anticipating writing more great reviews and articles. Nathan, thank you for making this wonderful resource that gives us such a great opportunity.
Thank Mark for helping out, looking forward to reading more from you. :cool:
Lot's of Rondel goodness. Can it get any better???

I don't think so. :D

Great work guys, great article, good reviews. Great stuff.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: