Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > A normal week in the life of a student of archaeology: Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Jakob Elbæk E. Pedersen

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: A normal week in the life of a student of archaeology:         Reply with quote

Monday:
9 am – 12 am: Visit doctor to have the stitches from last weeks ”field-trip” removed
12 am – 1 pm: Lunch
1 pm – 4 pm: Lecture: Biblical relics (remember to read ”How I found the grail and lost it again”, by prof. H. Jones JR. of Chicago University)
4 pm – 6 pm: Lecture: Responsible archaology (CANCELLED)
Notes: remember to cancel the tickets for the Rolling Stones concert, I've had enough ”rolling stones” in the past few days.

Tuesday:
10 am – 1 pm: Lecture: Field operations (remember explosives manual and safety glasses)
1 pm – 2 pm: Lunch (remember; the doctor said NO snake suprise)
2 pm – 4 pm: Whip practice (remember to bring bandages)
Notes: remember to pick up feodora and leather jacket at the drycleaners

Wednesday:
Field-trip to India (entire day): Find the Sankara stones (remember anti-crocodile spray and thick leather gloves)

Thursday:
10 am – 12 am: Lecture: How to avoid negative confrontations with forigen cultures while digging abroad (CANCELLED – use the time to read the pamplet ”It Belongs in a Museum”)
12 am – 1 pm: Lunch
1 pm – 3 pm: Lecture: The hazards of field-archaeology. Todays topic; nazies and their tanks
3 pm – 6 pm: Flying lessons. Remember; learn how to land!
6 pm – 8 pm: Therapy-group; how to overcome fear of snakes

Friday:
9- am – 11 am: Pick up parcel from dad at the postoffice
11 am – 1 pm: Study-group meeting and brunch – evaluation of field-trip to India (remember not to make fun of Joe's missing hand)
1 pm – 3 pm: Lecture: Cooperation and coordination with other archaeologists in the field (remember to read ”Everything you have got, I can take from you” by René Belloq)
3 pm – 5 pm: Self-defence class. Today topic; revolvers and their usefulness against swords
Notes: Remember to pick up ”Govermental conspiracies; The lost Ark” at the library.

Saturday:
12 am – 2 pm: Shooting practice (remember to bring the gun – last time was SO embarrasing)
8 pm: Party (wear the new feodora and khaki shirt, remember to leave the machete at home)

Sunday:
11 am – 4 pm: Wisit the theme-park with friends (CANCELLED, no more rollercoaster rides after that field-trip to India!)
Notes: Make homework for mondays first lesson; read ”10 years in Tibet” by M. Ravenwood.

I was bored - and I have just seen the three Indiana Jones movies, so I wrote this.

But, actually I am a student of archaeology.

/Jakob

Quia Possum
(Because I can)

Last edited by Jakob Elbæk E. Pedersen on Wed 11 Jan, 2006 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alexander Ren

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Laughing Out Loud Thanks for the laugh. I just got done with a long day of classes as well and needed that... Alex
"The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Greyson Brown

Reading list: 15 books

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Well, as a wearer of fedoras, I would advise you have them properly cleaned and blocked rather than taking them to the dry cleaners. Otherwise, that was just down right funny. Should I be worried that everysingle one those made sense to me?

-Oh, and don't read the other students eye-lids.

I plan to use this picture if I ever become a professor and have an office:

-Grey

P.S. aside from the machete, this really has nothing to do with arms or armour, does it?

Attachment: 56.73 KB
Out of the office.jpg

"So long as I can keep the path of honor I am well content."
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, The White Company
Kenton Spaulding

Reading list: 12 books

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Quote:
P.S. aside from the machete, this really has nothing to do with arms or armour, does it?

What about the usefulness of a revolver vs. a sword? That's arms talk if I've ever heard it. Besides, that scene is probably the funniest in the entire trilogy.

Kenton
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 11 Jan, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

This is all interesting stuff, but I'd really like to point out that this forum is about the discussion of arms and armour. We stray a lot on this site, and often have to allow ourselves freedom to discuss things that are only vaguely related, but some things, like this, are a bit further astray than I'd like them to be.
.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Jakob Elbæk E. Pedersen

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Oh, sorry then. I must have misinterpreted the meaning of the words off-topic....

/Jakob

Quia Possum
(Because I can)
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan, 2006 2:52 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Jakob Elbæk E. Pedersen wrote:
Oh, sorry then. I must have misinterpreted the meaning of the words off-topic....

Please read the description of the off-topic forum and curb your sarcasm:

Quote:
Discussions that do not belong in the other areas that are still related to the arms and armour hobby

Thank you.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Jakob Elbæk E. Pedersen

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Not being sarcastic - not intentionally anyways....

Off-topic - but still on the general topic of the forum. I'll remember that....

My bad then.

/Jakob

Quia Possum
(Because I can)
David Quivey

Reading list: 21 books

PostPosted: Thu 12 Jan, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

hehe, well off topic or otherwise, that was still a good laugh, and I'll bring it in to my archaeology instructors when classes start up Laughing Out Loud Nicely done! Especially "hazards of field-archaeology" :-D
C. Stackhouse

Spotlight topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon 16 Jan, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Kenton Spaulding wrote:
Quote:

What about the usefulness of a revolver vs. a sword? That's arms talk if I've ever heard it. Besides, that scene is probably the funniest in the entire trilogy.

Kenton

Here's a fun little fact Razz

"The scene in Cairo in which Indy just shoots a sword-wielding man was intended to be a long, choreographed fight scene featuring Indy's whip versus the Arab man's saber. Harrison Ford, suffering from dysentery after three months of filming in Tunisia, couldn't face the three additional days of filming and suggested that this much shorter version should be tried instead. Some sources attribute the idea to 'Steven Spielberg' rather than to Ford. In the American Film Institute's tribute to Spielberg, Ford stated that, on the day of shooting, he begged Spielberg to find a way to get the scene done in less than two hours so he could get back to the hotel before a dysentery attack hit him. Spielberg said the only way they could complete the scene so quickly would be for Ford to "pull out your gun and shoot him." Crew members standing nearby began to laugh uncontrollably at the idea." - imdb.com

I heard this from my friend a few days ago, but I had to read it for myself Laughing Out Loud

Above all else, be armed

-Niccolo Machiavelli

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > A normal week in the life of a student of archaeology:
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic