Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Those things look absolutely scary...I like scary. :cool:
Quote:
For a moment I thought I saw a *gasp* katana

You know, Anton, Jason has been known to whip up such a thing from time to time. . .

. . . and rumor is, he ain't half bad at it ;)

Standing up for Albion-style katana love :)

Oh, and with Peter in town, should we be seeing the winners of the last sword naming contest soon, Howy?
Wow! I wasn't really impressed with the messers before. But those photos put a whole new perspective on those :eek: beastly :eek: weapons! I like them!
GGAAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I hate being a student! Well, actually, I don't but it kind of means I gotta pray one of those Knecht thingies is still left when I get that high paying engineering position when I graduate in a little over a year.

Sigh....If only some kind hearted phillanthropist would see fit to cure my case of Knechtless-ness :D ;) .

Nate C.

P.S. You know, it's funny but I don't get that same feeling about the Meister.
The SoSM will make a wonderful Christmas gift to myself. Or birthday, if it takes a couple of months longer.

Brian M
I'm actually worried that I might drown in my own drool after seeing the pics of the Knecht......
Very cool, it'll be nice to see a company produce some messer that are this nice for once, I think they are a really un-represented piece in a form that makes them worthwhile having. Kudos.
Oh man...Knecht...*drools*

Except I don't have the thousand bucks for it... :(
Hey Peter or Howy,

How much does the Knecht currently weigh in its unfinished state?
I was thinking katana at first as well...

Those are beautiful...but where's the Dane? :cry:
Craig Peters wrote:
Hey Peter or Howy,

I'm not Peter or Howy but I weighed the blade, factored in the probable pommel and guard and came up with right about 3 lbs. (1.4 kg)

Harlan
Harlan Hastings wrote:
Craig Peters wrote:
Hey Peter or Howy,

I'm not Peter or Howy but I weighed the blade, factored in the probable pommel and guard and came up with right about 3 lbs. (1.4 kg)

Harlan

Thanks Harlan. I was actually planning on writing "Hey Peter, Howy, or anyone else from Albion for that matter" but I figured that Peter or Howy would most likely answer the question. Guess I should have gone with my original intuition.
Awesome..........simply awesome. I can only imagine the cutting power. I wish I had the Messer yesterday....It would'a made short work of the pig I butchered. Glad to see that lovely drawing of the Chieftain, too. That's the baby I'm waiting on. Happy holidays everyone! mcm.
They look fantastic. I put myself down for a Knecht a few months back, it is my "free" sword....although it isn't entirely free because I didn't have enough credit, but certainly affordable. I can't wait. I was wondering what sort of wood is going to be used for the grip panels, and how it will be finished?
Having the Cold Steel Grosse Messer, which I found for $169.00 and retails for $299.00, and therefore an economy model of this Kreigmeisser, of which I would not attempt to compare to the Albion version.

I can only say that I am very fond of my Grosse Messer, which tells me if I were able to buy the Kreigmeisser, well I would be in 7th heaven. Having handled several oh so nice Albions and looking at the pics here, I can almost feel the Kreigmeisser as well as the other smaller version.

These are going to be AWESOME! No two ways about it!

Sincerely,

Bob
Robert B. Allison wrote:
They look fantastic. I put myself down for a Knecht a few months back, it is my "free" sword....although it isn't entirely free because I didn't have enough credit, but certainly affordable. I can't wait. I was wondering what sort of wood is going to be used for the grip panels, and how it will be finished?

The grip is one of the details that remains to be finally decided. It depends on how the mounting goes together in real life.

There are a few options we need to try out first.
Can´t really tell at this stage. Sorry.
Knecht Grip
I for one would like to see a fancy burl wood grip like Patrick had on his Type D migration sword. Truly
beautiful. I talked to Albion about it but as Peter said it is still up in the air. Anyway I am fairly chompin at the bit to
get mine!!!!

cheers
Dave Lannon
Getting back to the Maestro Line, can you please tell us the approximate blade lengths of the Liechtenaur and the Epée de Guerre?
Roger Hooper wrote:
Getting back to the Maestro Line, can you please tell us the approximate blade lengths of the Liechtenaur and the Epée de Guerre?

Here is what I have from Peter. These are always subject to change but roughly...

Liechtenauer: 95 cm blade, 120 cm total
Epée de Guerre: 90 cm blade, 117 cm total

Hope this helps.
Michael Sigman wrote:
[Here is what I have from Peter. These are always subject to change but roughly...

Liechtenauer: 95 cm blade, 120 cm total
Epée de Guerre: 90 cm blade, 117 cm total

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mike
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Page 2 of 5

Jump to: