Considering all of this week's latest additions, please rate the quality of our efforts.
Excellent
69%
 69%  [ 37 ]
Very Good
22%
 22%  [ 12 ]
Good
7%
 7%  [ 4 ]
Fair
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Poor
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 53

Dec 12: myArmoury.com news and updates
Today's update:

[ Linked Image ]
From Lance to Pistol
An article by Gordon Frye

[ Linked Image ]
Chamelot-Delvigne vs.
Reichs Ordonnanzrevolver
An article by Richard B. Neely

[ Linked Image ]
The Paper Armoury: Firearms
An article by Sean Flynt

[ Linked Image ]
Middlesex Village Trading
Company Doglock Pistol
A hands-on review by Gordon Frye

As always, you can see our Complete History of Updates listed right from our home page.
Really great articles and I will have to get back to them and re-read them carefully. ( It's late and I just gave them a quick read. )

Oh, for some odd reason the Doglock article gives me an error message: YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THIS PAGE ??? I assume some sort of technical glitch that will get fixed soon. ( Yes Nathan I realize you have to sleep sometime :p :lol: )

Glad to see some articles about firearms as well as swords or armour.

( Edited: Glitch gone. :) )

Last edited by Jean Thibodeau on Mon 12 Dec, 2005 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Interesting read on the lance to pistol history, and I agree with Gordon's thoughts at the end of the piece.
Verycool. I am really happy to see content like this, completely different from the general run of generic sword-site postings. Hope there is more along these lines!

N

Last edited by Nathan Bell on Mon 12 Dec, 2005 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
This is great new stuff!

Jean Thibodeau wrote:
...Yes Nathan I realize you have to sleep sometime :p :lol:..

Naah! Sleep is for the weak :!: :lol:
Excellent! Not to sound to cliché, but variety is the spice of life and these additions really add something to what is already an outstanding forum.
Absolutely Fantastic! Love the articles on firearms, they are a great addition to the site. Well done guys!
Thanks for the feedback, everybody. We've always had mission for a broad scope with this site, but haven't really been able to attack it succesfully. To do so requires a diverse set of contributors. Gordon Frye really came through this update and added a lot to this goal of ours. We want to keep doing this and pubilsh articles on other cultures and subject as well. We're trying hard to recruit people with knowledge of these diverse things to get articles out there for you all.

Cheers
As ever, another fascinating read. Thanks!
I really appreciated the article on the transition from armored cavalry to pistoliers. This was a huge blank spot in my knowledge and it was great to read this handy article with sources cited. Very good work Gordon!
Thank you, Gentlemen, for all of the kind words! I look forward to discussing these things (and other bits of trivia and esoteric information) on the Boards!

Cheers!

Gordon
Kudos to you, Nathan, and the myArmoury team for this week's update.

Gordon, Richard B. Neely, and Sean Flynt (and contributors)....my hat is off. These excellent articles serve as a truly informative next step in realizing myArmoury's full potential. 'Simply a great effort guys.

Michael

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: