Go to page 1, 2  Next

here is a PDF of Pertersen's famous Die Norske Vikingsver
http://stud.imma.dk/nils.anderssen/norskesverd.htm

Forgive me if this is old news.

Paul
Thanks for this, I have been looking for a copy of this for ages, I need to submit a few hilts for a custom sword I am getting done up soon.

-Cameron
No English translation, but that's OK; still a fantastic resource. Thanks so much for sharing this Paul! :D
Whoa! I stepped away to make coffee, and came back to see that I was downloading 118MB. I did not realize that this was Petersen's whole book - cool. Thanks for the link!
Does this violate copywrite law?
Thank you!
Now if only someone would do the same for Behmer's Das Zweischneidige Schwert der Germanischen Völkerwanderungszeit...

Last edited by C.L. Miller on Sat 03 Dec, 2005 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
C.L. Miller wrote:
Thank you!
Now if only someone would do the same for Behmer's Das Zweuschneidige Schwert der Germanischen Völkerwanderungszeit...

Is it this one you talk about :D Drool :D
Hey! give me an PM if that happens :p
Thomas Jason wrote:
Does this violate copywrite law?

Typically, yes. But there are conditions to this.

It was originally published in 1919. I'm not aware of any republishing of this work. If that is the case, then it's over 85 years old.

In the US, copyrights extend for 30 years without needing to be renewed. They are extended for another 30 years upon explicit copyright renewal or republishing. I don't know the specifics of copyright law in the country of origin of the publisher or internationally.

I suspect it's expired and now in the public domain.

Regardless, I'm glad Paul pointed this out as I had not yet downloaded it. Thank you, Paul.
C.L. Miller wrote:
Thank you!
Now if only someone would do the same for Behmer's Das Zweischneidige Schwert der Germanischen Völkerwanderungszeit...

... Or, Fiore dei Liberi's Flos Duellatorum.
As being from Finland I really would like to get my hands on this: Leppäaho, Jorma, Späteisenzeitliche Waffen aus Finnland: Schwertinschriften und Waffenverzierungen des 9. - 12. Jahrhunderts . It´s only 90 euros here.

Well I could get my lazy butt off this chair and get it by interloan and scan it...
Edward Hitchens wrote:
... Or, Fiore dei Liberi's Flos Duellatorum.

It's not perfect, but...

http://www.varmouries.com/wildrose/fiore/fiore.html
Ohy! I leaked this to this very forum mere weeks ago... :D
And took the appropriate flak from the guy who scanned it, until I explained the copyright laws.
No taking credit for my dubious actions, here... :p
Tusend tak, Elling,
your original post was on the 29th, so it only took a few days to make a full circle around the internet sword community :p
there wouldnt happen to be any english translations of this work would there?

*is hopeful*
Joe Yurgil wrote:
there wouldnt happen to be any english translations of this work would there?

If you're referring to Die Norske Viking Sverd, the only translation currently available (AFAIK) is a partial one hosted at http://www.vikingsword.com/petersen/index.html.

Hope this helps...
:) I really like that guy Jan Petersen after reading his "Forord" it's fun to,
anyone who have a photo of him? :D
Elling,
I did say forgive me if this is old news!

Cheers,

Paul
Paul Mortimer wrote:
Elling,
I did say forgive me if this is old news!

Judging from the reaction to this thread, a bunch of folks missed it the first time around. Given the valuable and interesting nature of the information in that document, I'll have to say thanks to both of you for bringing it to our attention!

I can actually make out segments of text... guess there's something to that "immersion yields understanding" theory of learning... Wish I could read and comprehend it fully!
I've wanted a copy of this book for years. I plan on making a full printout. If I can't have an original copy that's the next best thing.

Thank you Paul!
Quick question. What are the set of ring...things, that follow the axe head section early on in the book. Thanks
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: