Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Contacting the administrators Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Steve Sarak

PostPosted: Wed 30 Nov, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Contacting the administrators         Reply with quote

Sorry to post this here, but I can't find any link how to contact you.

I posted " What did the grip look like on this sword" on Nov 27 and have had a few replies. this morning when I whent to look at it, it was gone.
If I do a search it shows up under Historical Arms Talk but if I go there without the search I cant find it.

any ideas????

How should someone contact you without posting here?

Thanks
Steve
Chad Arnow
myArmoury Team

myArmoury Team

PostPosted: Wed 30 Nov, 2005 9:03 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve,
There are 3 Moderators (Nathan Robinson, Patrick Kelly, and me), one administrator (Nathan). You can use the PM or email functionality to reach any of us. You can click the Usergroups button above, select Moderating Team and view the members of that group that way as well.

That thread still exists. I searched for posts by you and found it: http://www.myArmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=5472

Currently, that thread sits at the top of page two of the Historical Arms Talk forum. This may change based on other posting activity and your own user preferences.

Happy

ChadA

http://chadarnow.com/
Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom

Reading list: 8 books

PostPosted: Wed 30 Nov, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

If your topic are the last one on page 1 and someone post a new topic, so can you not see it on page 2 before someone post one more topic, it hangs out there in a sort of gap and are not gone. Happy
Frid o Fröjd!
Patrik
Steve Sarak

PostPosted: Wed 30 Nov, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks, that must be the case, because I can see it now.

Thanks again
Steve
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Wed 30 Nov, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve, there are several locations that show contact information. The About Page has a general contact email address for the entire site. Then there is the Info Pages that has all kinds of help in there, including a means to contact us.

Regarding "Where did my post go?" there's an option at the top-right corner of the forum list called View your posts that you might want to use to find all of the posts you've added to the site. Or, if you're so inclinded, you can simply add topics that you're interested in to your Favorites or even your Watched Topics should you want to have an email notice sent to you when somebody replies to it.

As you can see, there is a lot here for you. The other thing here is a description of what the "Historical Arms Talk" forum is: "Discussions of reproduction and authentic historical arms and armour from various cultures and time periods." Please make sure you read the description of what each forum is before posting into them. Chad moved this topic to the "off-topic forum" which is a better place for it.

Regarding why your topic is not on page 1: rest assured that we have more than 25 topics on this site Happy Not all of them can fit on the first page. Should you wish, you can page through each forum and see all the older topics.

Cheers.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.
Steve Sarak

PostPosted: Fri 02 Dec, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Thanks Nathan for the info. It'll be helpfull for next time.
Just to let you know, my concern wasn't why I couldn’t find my post on page one; I have enough sense to look deeper for it. The problem is that it was not visible at all going from page to page, at the time the only way to find it was going through the search, now that I know, if I'm looking or anyone else is looking for a previous search and can't find it, now they know why and how to locate it..
Apparently there is a bug in the web site as Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom points out in the responding thread.

Thanks for the response.

Steve
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 02 Dec, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Steve Sarak wrote:
Thanks Nathan for the info. It'll be helpfull for next time.
Just to let you know, my concern wasn't why I couldn’t find my post on page one; I have enough sense to look deeper for it. The problem is that it was not visible at all going from page to page, at the time the only way to find it was going through the search, now that I know, if I'm looking or anyone else is looking for a previous search and can't find it, now they know why and how to locate it..
Apparently there is a bug in the web site as Patrik Erik Lars Lindblom points out in the responding thread.

I don't understand what Patrik is saying. I'm aware of no bug.

I've just tested what I believe Patrik is saying and there is no bug. The topic is right where it is supposed to be, regardless of being first or last on any page. If you could explain the situations that cause the bug so I can recreate it, I'll do so and then do my best to fix it.

.:. Visit my Collection Gallery :: View my Reading List :: View my Wish List :: See Pages I Like :: Find me on Facebook .:.

PostPosted: Fri 02 Dec, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Big Grin Aaah! my poor english Big Grin
change Last to Oldest in my post, Nathan, maybe not all have that "problem" Happy

Frid o Fröjd!
Patrik

PostPosted: Fri 02 Dec, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

Strange!
make a try in history line

Inlay on sword did just popup there for me
on page 1

it have been gone again and popup again

Frid o Fröjd!
Patrik
Nathan Robinson
myArmoury Admin

myArmoury Admin

PostPosted: Fri 02 Dec, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I've just done a bunch of testing and cannot recreate any bug. If you explain to me the precise circumstances you're experiencing it, then I'll do the same and try to recreate it. If I can, then I'll do my best to fix it.

Here is what I've done:

I took note of the last topic on the forum and the topic before and after it as well. We'll call this Topic #1 and its friends.

I then posted a new topic to the forum. We'll call this Topic #2.

I then took note of the position of Topic #1 and its friends. None of them disappeared and they're all in the right locations.

There are no missing topics in the list as far as I can tell.

PostPosted: Fri 02 Dec, 2005 2:21 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

sorry! i can't explain it,
i just use the normal links, no shortcut or anything,
i have always believed this was normal stuff,
first time i learn to handle it was when my "Strange two hander" topic was gone,
before that i believed i starts to get Alzhaimers illness or something,
so it have been there sometime,

Frid o Fröjd!
Patrik

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Contacting the administrators
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic