Info Favorites Register Log in
myArmoury.com Discussion Forums

Forum index Memberlist Usergroups Spotlight Topics Search
Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Holiday Sales Reply to topic
This is a standard topic  
Shane Allee
Industry Professional

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec, 2005 7:14 am    Post subject: Holiday Sales         Reply with quote

Wow, December is here now and I still haven't noticed any places running Holiday sales. Probably dumping most of my spending money into a reef tank upgrade and tools, but temptation is always good. MRL put Holiday sale over their closeouts, but that really doesn't seem to count since it is just their closeouts. So if you know of any sales from the production places or retailers, please share....

Shane
Alexi Goranov
myArmoury Alumni

myArmoury Alumni

Reading list: 72 books

Spotlight topics: 2

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Re: Holiday Sales         Reply with quote

Shane Allee wrote:
Wow, December is here now and I still haven't noticed any places running Holiday sales. Probably dumping most of my spending money into a reef tank upgrade and tools, but temptation is always good. MRL put Holiday sale over their closeouts, but that really doesn't seem to count since it is just their closeouts. So if you know of any sales from the production places or retailers, please share....

Shane

I keep getting e-mails from by-the sword.com about various sales and deals. I think they just had a sale that finished few days ago. I did not pay attention to what they are selling as I am not on the market for anything for now.

Alexi
Anton de Vries

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: Holiday Sales         Reply with quote

Shane Allee wrote:
MRL put Holiday sale over their closeouts, but that really doesn't seem to count since it is just their closeouts.
Shane

I just took a peek and saw the Kingdom of Heaven weapons in there. $150 for one of those swords sounds like a bargain.

I'm still waiting for MRL to discount the Hospitaller Tunic...
Bob Burns

Reading list: 112 books

PostPosted: Thu 01 Dec, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject:         Reply with quote

I handled several "Kingdom of Heaven" swords at www.kultofathena.com, which is 17 miles from my house, these were made by WIndlass Steelcraft and unsharpened, but for their price not bad. The red cross in the pommel of the Sword of Ibelin is a bit cheesy but for the price it is not bad. For their prices I thought all these swords were very nice. One of these swords, I forget the name of it, but it is advertised as a hemp wrap hilt, well I did not like that hemp cord wrap one bit, but the rest of the sword for the price was very nice.

In summary, for the price these are surprisingly nice swords but remember the scabbard and it's attatchments are seperate.

Happy Collecting,

Bob

Forum Index > Off-topic Talk > Holiday Sales
Page 1 of 1 Reply to topic