Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Re: feels like fall...
Pamela Muir wrote:
I've spent the day doing back-to-school shopping and putting together PTA fliers. It sure feels like fall is coming up quickly. :surprised: Which has me thinking about all the other things I've been looking forward to this fall. Well, mostly one thing... ;) So, please pardon my impatience, but I have to ask, any more news about the Sparring line? Specifically the Liechtenauer model? :cool:

I am doing tests with blade blanks to determine final dimensions. As soon as I fel they are where I want them a drawing will be sent to Albion so Steve can start with the CAD programming.
They (the long swords) are moving along in other words. :)
Thank you, Mr. Johnsson, for the good news! And I apologize for my impatience. :) "Good things come to those who wait."
Hey Peter,
You mentioned in the messer thread that you were redesigning the Meister to have a slightly longer "hand and a half" grip... any chance you're doing the same thing for the Marxbruder?
Bill Grandy wrote:
Hey Peter,
You mentioned in the messer thread that you were redesigning the Meister to have a slightly longer "hand and a half" grip... any chance you're doing the same thing for the Marxbruder?

Yes, the Marxbruder will be comparable to the Meister in dimensions and heft. That is the idea.
Peter Johnsson wrote:
Yes, the Marxbruder will be comparable to the Meister in dimensions and heft. That is the idea.

Peter, I am so sold. :D
Hey Peter,

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but out of curiosity, how long is the blade projected to be on the I.33? Thanks!

Geoff
Hmmmm.... it's been a while, since I last heard about the maestro line.
And since my Czech sparring blunt feels like stone club when sparring ( and since my car needs some repairs and most certainly won't be able to afford my Christmas Talhoffer :( ) I wonder: Will the Lichtenauer be available around Christmas?
Hi Micha,

I am writing this from Albion, sitting in Mike's room.
The long swords of the Maestro line is one of the things we are working on during my stay (apart from single edged models, coming surprises and follow up on previous designs).
The longswords are coming along nicely, but I am not sure they are going to make it for Christmas. Possibly, but it is hard to tell.

There is a big intertest in the sparring line, so we are doing our very best to have them ready for market as soon as ever possible. I will not want to see the quality, design or construction being compromized by going too fast however.

As the blades follow a completlely different philisophy than the sharp blades, it takes a very different apporach in developing these. The tests we've done this far is very promising.

I hope you will think the swords are worth the wait.

All best
Peter

Micha Hofmann wrote:
Hmmmm.... it's been a while, since I last heard about the maestro line.
And since my Czech sparring blunt feels like stone club when sparring ( and since my car needs some repairs and most certainly won't be able to afford my Christmas Talhoffer :( ) I wonder: Will the Lichtenauer be available around Christmas?
Peter Johnsson wrote:
coming surprises

O' my :!: :eek: :D :!:

Probably time to start saving again.
Thanks a lot for the quick reply, Peter.

I'm really looking forward to feeling a Liechtenauer in my hands.

After seeing the pictures of the Maestro line prototype blade in the "3m"-thread, I'd like to know one thing:

How stiff ist his prototype blade?
I know it's difficult to describe., but let me give you an example:
The nicest sparring longswords I've seen so far were stiff enough they didn't "wobble" unrealisticly when fighting with them, but after a certain pressure had been applied ( this pressure being for example: somebody thrusting with his body weight behind the sword against a lighly protected chest or the face grid of a fencing mask ) they bent really easy.
This, combined with rubber caps on the tip and some protection gear made it possible to safely "free-fight" with them, without pulling your punches too much and without avoiding too many techniques. . Would be cool, if the maestro line turned out that way... :)

Kind regards,

Micha
Micha Hofmann wrote:

After seeing the pictures of the Maestro line prototype blade in the "3m"-thread, I'd like to know one thing:

The nicest sparring longswords I've seen so far were stiff enough they didn't "wobble" unrealisticly when fighting with them, but after a certain pressure had been applied ( this pressure being for example: somebody thrusting with his body weight behind the sword against a lighly protected chest or the face grid of a fencing mask ) they bent really easy.
This, combined with rubber caps on the tip and some protection gear made it possible to safely "free-fight" with them, without pulling your punches too much and without avoiding too many techniques. . Would be cool, if the maestro line turned out that way... :)

Kind regards,

Micha

Just as long as they don't become too flexible for binden and winden. :)
Joachim Nilsson wrote:
Micha Hofmann wrote:

Kind regards,

Micha

Just as long as they don't become too flexible for binden and winden. :)

Judging by the cross section on the prototype I doubt it. It looks like the edges become quite thick. That should stiffen things up a bit. This is my perception based on the photo. If I'm wrong please let me know. These are going to be cool :-)
Well, I can't speak for the Maestro line swords since they aren't out yet, I will say that it is quite possible to have a decently flexible blade that is still quite stiff enough for winden and other techniques at the bind. From the sounds of it, it looks like Peter has had this in mind all along, so I'm excited to see how these turn out!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Page 5 of 5

Jump to: